“Beat mex food ever”
Review of Red Iguana

Red Iguana
Ranked #5 of 1,413 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Don't be fooled by the exterior. This joint has incredible food. The mole sampler ( not on menu) says it all.

The basic chicken enchilada has a hint of cinnamon in the sauce and it is awesome.

We went at 2p on a Sunday and had a 10 min wait.

There are newer reviews for Red Iguana

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Fantastic selection of dishes that I'd love to try. Yes, there's a line at lunch time, but my party of two was seated in 10-15 minutes. Mole sauces are a speciality, but it all looks good. Great atmosphere, friendly service, great food.

It's hard for me to imagine it as the #1 in Salt Lake City, but it should be toward the to of your list for a great experience with Mexican food.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

How have I come to SLC for 20+ years and not eaten at the Red Iguana? It will not happen again! This place has the most amazing Mexican food. Complex, creative, nicely presented. If only they could ship it across the country! Be sure to try something with a mole sauce, there are 8 varieties to chose from. Do not let the location scare you - its in an okay section but everyone in town comes here.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Greeted right away (we came early to avoid a wait). We were also a large party of 9. Sat all the way in the back. Waiter was nice. Very friendly.

However, I didn't like the fact that the host kept coming back to our area to check on our status. We were rushed out of there and couldn't even enjoy the meal.

I guess the meal was ok. Not too sure. Couldn't sit back and enjoy it.

1  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I heard through the grapevine about this restaurant so I decided to check it out. The outside look is definitely deceiving. Though it looks mediocre on the outside, the inside is completely different. I was instantly hit with a strong aroma of Mexican flavors that already had my mouth watering. I ordered one of the mole dishes and was not disappointed.

My only ONLY somewhat con (and this is me being nitpicky) was the waitress seemed a little shy and withdrawn.