“Delicious food”

Red Iguana
Ranked #5 of 1,412 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I went to this restaurant yesterday. The food was fresh, delicious and filling. The rates are reasonable too.

There are newer reviews for Red Iguana

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We no longer live in the Salt Lake area, but, were excited when our kids wanted to go to lunch here. We went to their main location on North Temple, but, they were unable to accommodate a party of 4 with 2 little ones (of course, we were at 12:30 p.m. on a Saturday). They suggested that we go to their other location that was approximately 3 blocks away. They (Israel) called the other location immediately and reserved us a table. When we arrived, the table was waiting, with water glasses already filled. The food, as usual, was beyond amazing, and the staff made sure that we we, especially our little ones, were taken care of. This is one of my favorite places to go, and when I'm in Salt Lake, if I get a chance, I always eat here. Their mole sauce is amazing, as is their chile verde. If you are looking for wimpy salsa, this isn't the place. The heat level is just right for my taste. By the time that we left at approximately 2:00 p.m. on a Saturday afternoon, the line was out the door. Time your visits accordingly. Always a popular place.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

The wait is bit of a pain, and we visited on a Saturday afternoon about 5:30 pm. If you come later, you'll wait a long time. Great salsas, loved the enchiladas poblanos. Worth checking out for sure, even if you have to sit outside waiting for a table. A four star place with five star food.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is the best Mexican food I have eaten and some of the best food ever. If you want a romantic getaway this isn't it but if you want some of the best food you've ever eaten this is it. Make sure you have reservations for the evening or you won't get in.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have been here several times. I always hope it will be better. I had the black bean soup this time that was more like a dry bean dip. We asked for their best margaritas and got something at a cheap Happy Hour joint. I won't return again.

2  Thank BrentJensen