“Try this place for a great breakfast!”
Review of Lamb's Grill - CLOSED

Lamb's Grill
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Lamb's Grill is the oldest restaurant in Utah. The restaurant has remained unchanged since 1939. The booths, tables, wainscot, back-bar, counter and light fixtures are still in use today. To this day, Lamb's strives to maintain its high standards which have endured for 92 years.
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was recommended to go here by my hotel concierge. Great place for breakfast. Had pancakes, bacon, eggs and coffee. I sat at the bar and it reminded me of a cool hip place that was reminiscent of a 70's diner/restaurant. Really nice staff and I used wifi while I ate my breakfast. The portions are huge, so make sure you are hungry or ask for a smaller option/share with a friend. Decent prices and close to the city center. Will continue to recommend.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Lamb's is not a gourmet spot, but if you want a great burger at lunch or omelet for breakfast you can't go wrong at one of Utah's oldest restaurants. Sit it a booth or at the lunch counter. The menu and food are simple but delicious.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Lamb's Grill was recommended by our B&B hostess as one of the better restaurants in town. We found this place to be a wonderful throwback to the 1920s with original bar seating, small private table seating alongside the bar and a larger open dining space in the back. The fact that it was nearly empty at 6:45 should have been a clue.
Our waiter was abrupt, barely spoke and when he did was very unfriendly. Likely the only unfriendly person in SLC. He apparently wanted to be elsewhere. When we finally got our water and menus he took our order and some time later...we got our dinner. I ordered the roast chicken for $17.50. It was so over cooked and dry that it was nearly inedible. It came with asparagus that made canned asparagus look fresh! I should have returned my meal but I was so jet-lagged and tired I just ate what I could and left the rest. My husband ordered the pork chops that were not much better, and were flavorless, but I did like his sauteed spinach. His dinner was $19.50. We would have done much better at a diner for half the price.
The whole experience was so sad and it had such possibilities because the building is historical and in good shape. Too bad the food, chef and staff are in such bad shape.

1  Thank Kelleygirl2
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Walking into Lamb's Grill brings you back to the 1920's. It has many of the charming qualities of the original restaurant. It was quiet for a Saturday night, but the city itself seemed quiet. The food was delicious and the staff was very nice.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I hoped for a good middle eastern restaurant. I was disappointed. We ordered the Lamb Skewers. I thought they would have chunks of lamb. They were minced lamb kabobs. They were OK but I have much better kabobs. We shared a beet salad which was good but small. Maybe, I expected too much from this restaurant. I wouldn't eat here again. There are better restaurants in the area.

1  Thank charles6346