“If I lived here I'd have a new favorite BBQ restaurant.”

Sugarhouse Barbeque Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Sugarhouse Barbeque Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #146 of 1,494 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sequoia Ruby Ct
Transit: Trolley Street Car coming soon!
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Great service and terrific BBQ. As good as the best I have back home and I am from the Memphis area. Tried several of the sauces and all were good. Get a combo plate to enjoy a little of everything.

1  Thank FGill3

Reviewed August 20, 2012

The ribs we had were dry and not the best flavor. I was surprised to know this place had such high ratings but I am thinking maybe because it was one of the very few BBQ places around.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

It's decent and the place and people are very nice. But, the barbecue is a bit above average but not exceptional. Pat's in SLC is much better.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

This is some great BBQ. The service was great. We had the wings for an appetizer and they were great. I loved there 'house sauce'. The pulled pork, ribs, brisket and chicken were some of the best I ever had. For desert we had some incredible peanut butter/chocolate bread pudding that was absolutely amazing. We will be going back.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

bbq is a hit and miss business due to so many variables with a smoker and undependable source of product. a good bbq will have misses that are better than the average bbq's hits. I gave a very good review a few months ago. i went in for lunch (11:30 AM) a couple days ago and ordered a pulled pork sandwich and a full rack of ribs to go. when we got them home my wife was going to have a pulled pork for lunch and i was going to have a few ribs and then we would devour the remaining ribs for dinner. our mouths were watering with the thought of bbq right out of the smoker. What we got was dried out pulled pork that looked as it had sat uncovered under a fan for hours. there was about 60% of the volume of meat usually on the sandwich. the ribs were not only dry but very tough. i assume that what happened is we got product that was smoked early the day before and not sold. along comes a take out order that cannot bring it right back to the counter to complain. i didn't complain when i paid $35 for it but i did when i threw 75% of it in the garbage. that is where it belonged but in their garbage can and not take my $35 and expect me to throw it in my garbage. they are capable of producing good bbq but the lack of pride in their product has turned me away. that was inexcusable.

SugarhouseBBQ, Manager at Sugarhouse Barbeque Company, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

After reading your most recent review, I felt compelled to contact you. First and foremost we always appreciate feedback regarding food quality, and are legitimately concerned about your recent experience. We take a great deal of pride in offering the utmost in quality. That being said, you were right on the money with the comment regarding the "many variables", that also occurs with staff. Hence, it appears one of our younger and less experienced employees may have made a poor judgment call, and sent out inferior product. Rest assured we do not knowingly send out product that does not meet our standards. On occasion, when some of these variables slip through the cracks, my management team is well versed on handling these phone calls accordingly.
Again, this occurrence is not protocol at Sugarhouse BBQ and would certainly emplore you to contact us personally, to discuss this further. I hope you may find an opportunity to extend us another visit.

Best Regards,