“Great value”

SU Casa Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #725 of 1,413 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Not the best Mexican food I've had, but the price was more than reasonable and you get more than you pay for. The atmosphere was great and so was the service. Will definitely visit here again but probably won't order the tamales again. Tamales are my favorite but theirs were more than a little dry.

There are newer reviews for SU Casa Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed May 30, 2012

the service was fast and friendly. It is not the best mexican food I have had, but it was ok!

1  Thank Amanda H
Reviewed February 17, 2012

First of all, the service here is excellent. I think we had our food less than 10 minutes from when we placed the order. That was impressive. The establishment is quite small, probably around 15 tables. It is decorated nicely and it's very cozy. However, ask to be seated away from the door. Since it was kind of cold tonight, every time the door opened we were met with an icy blast. Now about the food. There are two things that are kind of staples in Amerincaized Mexican food: the salsa and the refried beans. Neither met my expectations. The salsa tasted like it had a ketchup base and the beans were runny and bland. However, the chili rellano that I had and the chile verde salad that my husband had were acceptable. The rellano had very few seeds and they had even taken the whole top off. That was nice to not have a lot on inedible garbage on the plate. The dressing for the salad, which they called a creamy chipotle, was delicious. All of their kids meals are $4.75 and include a drink. Each adult meal was about $8 and we had a buy one get one free coupon, which made it a very affordable dinner, but I wouldn't go back and pay full price.

1  Thank Go2theZoo
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Inexpensive prices, you will go away full. Everything I've ordered has a hint of cinnamon which I love. Try the lunch special.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

The food was tasty, the service was great, and prices were fair. Great chips and salsa too!