“Local Gem”

Cuisines: Asian
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Local Gem”
Reviewed March 23, 2011

This was a very good Japanese fusion restaurant. The service was good. I would certainly recommend this place. Had a good wine list, too.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank Joan D

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Service awful, and can't be blame on being busy”
Reviewed December 15, 2009

I've been to this restaurant several times because the food is good, service is nothing to shout about. However, for lunch, the service was awful, and we were the first ones to arrive for lunch, so it wasn't busy. Because we needed "one more minute" the first time the waitress came to take our order, we had to wait, and wait, and finally had to get up from the table to go find someone to politely ask to take our order. Please note that when I'm at a restaurant where someone is preparing my food, I am always very polite. Don't want to make an enemy of the waiter or chef! Had to find waitress again to politely ask for our check and take-out box. In addition, the whole restaurant seemed cold, so we asked for someplace warmer. We were seated near the gas fireplace, but it wasn't putting out any heat. When we left, no one said Thank you, or come again, which we expected because our waitress was standing very near the door, doing nothing. Food was good, and a reasonable value. However, when you travel farther because of quality and service expectations, it can be very disappointing. Probably won't return. Have found another quality restaurant closer to work place for lunch.

2 Thank stweaver
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Pretty good but not the...”
Reviewed April 30, 2008

Pretty good but not the best

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Hidden gem. Japanese Italian fusion. Everything I have had there is v. good, but the shitake mushroom ravioli routinely...”
Reviewed January 28, 2008

Hidden gem. Japanese Italian fusion. Everything I have had there is v. good, but the shitake mushroom ravioli routinely gets et by my face. It's a dish that's so good it is hard to order something else. I recommend the fusion bento.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
NYC
“Best in Murray!”
Reviewed April 26, 2006

This restaurant is great. The food was wonderful and very flavorful with an awesome presentation. The servers are very friendly and attentive. Its a nice and cozy restaurant, a great place for a date or night out with your family. If you love or hate Japanese food, there is something on the menu for you. I recommend trying the Rack of Lamb. It is superb. And don't for get the Tempura Shrimp Cocktail for appetizer. I highly recommend this restaurant and will continue to go there in the future.

3 Thank frapachino1011