“Good food and service”

Christopher's Steak House Downtown Salt Lake City
Reserve with OpenTable
Christopher's Steak House Downtown Salt Lake City is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #153 of 1,422 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 260 S. 150 W.
Transit: A Trax light rail stop is located one block east of the hotel on Main Street.
Description: Locally owned and operated, Christopher's is the Recipient of the prestigious “Best of State” award and the “People’s Choice” designation from Opentable, with an “Excellent” rating from Zagat; Christopher’s Seafood & Prime Steak House has been a fixture in the Salt Lake City dining scene since 1995. We’ve built our reputation on the belief that the finest ingredients yield the finest dishes; 21-day dry aged USDA Corn Fed Beef, the Freshest Seafood Flown in Daily from around the world and Organic Locally Sourced Produce, are the building blocks of our award winning menus. From our mouth watering hand-cut USDA Prime Filet Mignon to our Giant Steamed Alaskan King Crab Legs, Christopher’s is sure to please any palate. We offer an extensive Wine list and full Liquor bar.
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Went for dinner with 3 other colleagues from work and had a good meal.

The restaurant is pretty large but they've done a good job with booths and different sections within it to make it feel but smaller. Decoration was simple but elegant. Receiving the menus and ordering was done efficiently and iced water and bread arrived promptly. The bread to be honest was very hard so didn't eat much!

We all had a salad as a starter - all came as a sensible size which was good to not fill up before the main event. My Caesar was tasty and followed the classic recipe.

We all selected steak as our mains - I went for the New York strip which was slightly disappointing as it didn't have the flavour I was expecting. My colleagues all seem to fare better than me - hence the 4* rating overall - the fillets were especially good. We had a good selection if sides which were all good.

No space left for dessert and we left feeling quite content.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

My company held a meeting for about 50 in the upstairs banquet room. The bar staff downstairs was super friendly and helpful. The wait staff upstairs equally good and very efficient with such a large group. Banquet food can be tough to get out hot and properly prepared, but they did a nice job. The steaks were a little overdone, but still delicious. The only complaint was that the room was very hot.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I love the atmosphere, the friendly staff, the food is always so delicious, the steak is the best and their desserts are awesome. I ordered the 7 layer carrot cake that could have fed 6 people. This was my second visit and I am sure not my last. Whenever I come to town and want a good steak, Christopher's it is!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I was visiting with my family - I took out a plate of fish. I requested plain fish with no seasoning, butter or oil because I am allergic. When I consumed the fish at the hotel I received an allergic reaction - they made a mistake with my order. We called, the manager apologized and sent us a gift certificate to replace the dinner. The gift certificate had so many stipulations which was hard to use. When we came back to town the owner would not honor the certificates telling us that manager was stealing from the restaurant and was fired. What this has to do with us as customers? We lost more than $50 on a fish dish (their prices are very expensive) and I also suffered that night being because of my allergy to seasoning. Yesterday, I went to the Capital Theare to see a show, and guess who advertised there, Christopher's! This is such hypocracy.

3  Thank mr n
Reviewed February 1, 2014

The food at Christopher's Steak House was good for my wife and my daughter and her date, including some tender steak fillets. We waited for over an hour after our salads were served until the main courses arrived. I was told that a special was a steak from Idaho that was nearly as good as the famous Japanese Kobe beef. Unfortunately, it had a lot of gristle in it, and was not what I had expected.
The server was very good and kind, and the management did apologize to our party of four, even giving my daughter a twenty five dollar gift certificate toward their next meal there, and a very tasty piece of chocolate desert for me.
I would like to go back, but next time would stick to what their usual fare is.
The hostess was very kind to us as we exited, and I am sure they too were disappointed that my special steak was not better. Again, I think there must have been something unusual going on in the kitchen.