“Great Sushi, A little Pricey” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Happy Sumo
Ranked #343 of 1,379 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Crestview, Florida
“Great Sushi, A little Pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I ate here during a training for my job. The sushi is great, good quality and lots of choices. I only have 2 complaints and that would be the prices are a little higher than I expected for the quantity and quality of sushi received and the beer was double what I would usually pay. The server was par for the course nothing great and nothing bad.

I would recommend this for sushi if you don't mind the price.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Sarasota, Florida
“Best Sushi Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I was skeptical of a sushi place in Salt Lake City, not going to lie. I am so glad my sister took me. I was the best sushi I have ever had. The rolls have so many flavors not found in traditional rolls. House made sauces, fresh fish, great service, amazing value for the food. Will definitely come back on my next trip. Love this place!

• Visited September 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great Sushi, Great Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

We continue to visit the Cottonwood location of Happy Sumo and the sushi rolls are exceptional, as is the patio which we usually have to ourselves because it's summer and other don't realize that being beside the river cools the patio considerably. Our standard server, Tara, is as exceptional as the Sushi. Highly recommended, but if you go on Tuesday evenings, please eat inside as we like the privacy of having our own little patio.

• Visited July 2013
Murray, Utah
“good food, service is hit or miss”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Awesome food...I've never been a fan of sushi, but I am now because of this place.

Fun atmosphere, other than the waitress freely handing out her number to every man in the building. Including my boyfriend - who was obviously there with me! Not the kind of impression I'd want my employees to give to my customers...or the reputation I'd like my company to have.

Other than that, food is fantastic

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Germany
“Rock 'n Roll”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

This place has great sushi. I've been here many times over the years and just had another great experience so I thought I should finally write a review. The service here is friendly and professional. The food is very good and this last time I was there I had the sushi roll titled "Rock 'n Roll". It was delicious. My friend had a chicken teriyaki because he doesn't like sushi and he love the chicken. My other friend got a sushi roll and loved it as well. I recommend this place to anyone who likes sushi.

• Visited March 2013