“Glue friendly”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Glue friendly”
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Loved the knowledge our server had on what was safe for me (a celiac) to eat. Large amount of food for a good price, deceiving from the outside and location. The inside was updated, clean, and bright with natural light.
This is definitely our new favorite place to eat at!!!!

• Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Salt Lake City, Utah
“One of the Best Asian Restaurants Anywhere”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Food is exceptional. Very authentic and homemade. We had to wait about half an hour and it was definitely worth the wait. We ordered two entrees and it fed three people. Portions are large and pricing is very reasonable. Their soup bowls are so delicious and filling. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
Huntington Woods, Michigan
“Great Pho, Mediocre Service”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The Tripadvisor reviews criticized the pho at the restaurant where I intended to eat so that I tried this one instead. It deserved the award for the best pho in Salt Lake City. The broth was exceptionally tasty for the two types that my spouse and I ordered with an excellent price of around $9.00. The restaurant is located a bit south of downtown, close enough to walk for those in good shape like us. Free parking is available. The atmosphere was fine with less gaudy decorating than many Asian restaurants.

The service was a bit slow, especially at the end in giving us our check and taking our payment. I don't think that our waiter was all that experienced. This was a minor annoyance given the price and the quality of what we ordered.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Robert H
Los Angeles, CA
“One of my favorite SLC Asian restaurants”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

La-Cai is one of my favorite Asian restaurants in SLC. I go regularly for the pork bun (pronounced more like "boon"). They do a great job with the dish keeping it fresh every time and with a ridiculous amount of skewered pork. Their pho and Chinese noodle soups are great too.

I'm not a huge fan of their general Chinese dishes as they do Vietnamese much better, but I frequent this place at lunch because they are quick, cognizant of the lunch "hour", and I can get a good meal at a great price.

• Visited August 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great Asian Food”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Enjoyed lunch here will colleagues. The lunch menu is affordable and the quantify food is very generous. Plenty to box up for another meal. The cashew chicken is very good. Get there early (by 11:30) or the place is jam-packed!

• Visited July 2013