“Nice relaxing meal”

Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dip Into Something Different
Reviewed July 29, 2018

We used to frequent the Las Vegas, NV Melting Pot to the point where the staff knew us pretty well. We've recently moved to the SLC area and hope that the same type of relationship can begin here. We've been to the SLC restaurant a few times and I do like the atmosphere at this one as well as the Las Vegas one but I like that the lights are brighter at this one as you can easily read the menu. The staff is friendly and everytime that we've been here someone from management has come out to greet us and ask us how they are doing. I would highly recommend this place for a relaxing date night with a loved one.

1  Thank demoneye
Zac B, Owner at The Melting Pot, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Thank you for the review and I believe you have left a few reviews with us and we are very grateful for the time you take. We are excited to have you in Salt Lake and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

This is one of our go to special occasion restaurants. The service is always excellent. The food is heavenly and worth the cost. Dinner is never rushed, so it’s perfect to enjoy an evening.

We are thrilled that you choose us as one of your special occasion spots. It makes us happy and we hope to keep up this relationship for a long time. See you soon!! Thanks for the review.

Reviewed July 23, 2018

Mmm Mmm Mmm. This place is typically at the top of the list for family choice/special events/holiday treat. Going to this restaurant is an event unto itself as the typical meal is at least 3-4 courses and typically takes a couple of hours to work through ... so allow for some time ... and a few extra notches in your belt. There is usually a cheese fondue, a meat/oil fondue, and a desert fondue. All will be cooked at your table and everyone will fight to get the goodies with their own fondue fork. It is definitely somewhere you should try at least once. The are a few downsides to consider. There is often a wait and so reservations are highly recommended, especially during holiday season!!! It also takes a while to make it through the process so make sure to give yourself at least 2 hours just to be safe. And finally, although seemingly worth it, it does tend to be a pretty pricey meal, especially with drinks. You can easily get in the range of 150/200 with tips.

1  Thank bccskibum

Thank you for the review and all the detail your shared. You can always beat time issues with experiencing just a few courses as well as all 4 courses. My personal favorite is the Cheese and Chocolate fondue. We hope to serve you soon in the future.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Surprised my wife by taking her here for her birthday dinner and overall everything tasted fantastic! They have rolling carousel of messages they put up on a tv in the front lobby. They had a nice birthday greeting for her on there so that was nice! You get a 4 course meal here for around 50$ or so depending on if you upgrade any of the cooking styles, meats or get the charcuterie board. This was our first time here, so we started the night off with the fondue that was calling us, the Spinach Artichoke fondue. It was fantastic. They give you breads, cheese, fruits, veggies and nuts to dip in it. The second course was a salad. I had the Caesar which was very good. Third course are the meats. The meat is served raw and cut into bite size pieces. You will choose from several different types of broth to cook it in. Even if you don't love cooking your own meat when you go out to eat, it's not a huge deal breaker considering the most it took to cook a piece of beef was like a minute and a half. I got mostly beef and fish so even if it didn't cook to well done, it was fine as that's how I prefer it anyway. The jalapeño filet mignon had to be my favorite of all the meats!! Ahhh it was so good! We ended up finishing off the night stuffed to the brim with our dessert fondue that is the 4th course. We were debating between the dark chocolate and s'mores fondue, but ended up going with the s'mores since my wife loves anything s'mores. It was GREAT! I can't imagine that you could go wrong with any of the dessert fondues here though. They all looked absolutely incredible! My only negative critique of this place is does seem a bit expensive for you having to cook your own meat. I'm not huge on it, but like I said, they do it to keep the 'dipping' experience cohesive. It was a great place to eat, though! Can't go wrong going here. Just be ready to pay a bit more.

Nicholas,

First off Happy Birthday to your wife and thank you for choosing us to celebrate. Sorry for some of the pricing issues you experienced and we are always changing our menu up for more ways to experience the meal other than just the 4-course option. Alot of time coming in for Cheese and Chocolate seems to be a favorite and you get to try the best of both worlds. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 20, 2018

My wife, daughter and I had a ton of fun and food at this restaurant last night. Started with the Alpine Cheese fondue. It was sinfully good! Shared filet, chicken, shrimp, salmon and more and just the cooking experience at the table made it worthwhile. The meat itself was good, but not great. I would choose the waitress choice for cooking sauce next time! Lauren was our waitress and she was magnificent!!

The strawberry almond salad was perfect. Then came the chocolate fondue dessert. We had the original and it was really good!!

A great experience!

Dean, We are glad that Lauren was able to provide the perfect night out for you and your family. We always have great new menus items for you to try and hope to see you soon.