“Very good steaks and decor”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 1,390 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Light rail stop across the street
Description: Fleming's Salt Lake City, UT is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located Downtown SLC at the Gateway Mall, near Temple Square and a short distance from the SLC Airport.
Louisiana
“Very good steaks and decor”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I ordered the filet mignon and my wife ordered the crab cakes. Both entrees were very good. A good wine list to choose. We split a lettuce wedge and some cream corn for our side. With a nice bottle of cabernet sauvignon to compliment our meal this was a very pleasant evening of food and spirits. Would highly recommend this steakhouse. This décor is what a steakhouse should resemble. Will go back when in Salt Lake City.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank French S

San Francisco, California
“Outstanding dinner and cocktails”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have eaten at Fleming's Steakhouse in Walnut Creek several times and have not been impressed. I was on business in Salt Lake City and some friends wanted to go there. I was pleasantly surprised. The decor and ambiance was very nice and inviting. Service was very attentive (maybe a little too attentive). My extra dry martini was made very well, the calamari appetizer was excellent, and my New York Strip was perfectly done. We also shared asparagus, sauteed mushrooms, and mac and cheese. The manager even came by to ask how we were enjoying ourselves

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Norm1983
Dana Point, California
“Never disappoints!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We have eaten at different Flemings and I am always very pleased. Jeremiah, our server went above and beyond for us and especially my uncle...it was his birthday. The lobster tempura was awesome and my bone in rib eye was killer!

• Visited May 2013
Perth, Australia
“Great meal; very average service”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We have dined at a majority of the great steak houses and decided to try Flemings in SLC for a special night out.

Unfortunately there were a lack of servers and service was pretty average at the best.

The 'manager' enquired as to how we were enjoying the evening (as a lot of managers do as a matter of routine), I advised that the meal was great but service was non existent, at first there was no responce, then she said that she will talk to the server, I advised it was not a server issue but a management issue as there were a severe lack of servers working. You would expect that top end restaurants can plan for an appropariate number of servers to be working.

Anyway up shot was that a token discount was offered (and accepted), but you do not go to top end restaurants to save a few bucks and have very average service.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank CocoTampa123
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Nothing to write home about”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Let me start off by saying that the ambiance and decor were nice and Flemings has that classic Steakhouse feel. They also have wine menus on Ipads, that, although quite cool, is also annoying.
On the other hand, the food we had off the "5 For $6 'Til 7" was average at best.
From the selection we chose the Burger, Shrimp and Calamari.
I have to admit the Calamari wasn't too bad, but nothing I couldn't make at home.
The shrimp - well it was just 4 jumbo shrimp.
The burger was the worst. Extremely greasy. The chips were just soaked in fat. The bun was burnt on the underside ( and they thought I wouldn't notice ) and the cheese was overwhelming.
And ever though it's $6, after drinks and tax it ended up being pretty pricey.
If I want grease, I'll go to McDonalds. This is not something I expect from an upper class restaurant. Even if it is from the cheaper menu.

• Visited April 2013