“Nothing to write home about”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 1,494 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Light rail stop across the street
Description: Fleming's Salt Lake City, UT is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located Downtown SLC at the Gateway Mall, near Temple Square and a short distance from the SLC Airport.
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Let me start off by saying that the ambiance and decor were nice and Flemings has that classic Steakhouse feel. They also have wine menus on Ipads, that, although quite cool, is also annoying.
On the other hand, the food we had off the "5 For $6 'Til 7" was average at best.
From the selection we chose the Burger, Shrimp and Calamari.
I have to admit the Calamari wasn't too bad, but nothing I couldn't make at home.
The shrimp - well it was just 4 jumbo shrimp.
The burger was the worst. Extremely greasy. The chips were just soaked in fat. The bun was burnt on the underside ( and they thought I wouldn't notice ) and the cheese was overwhelming.
And ever though it's $6, after drinks and tax it ended up being pretty pricey.
If I want grease, I'll go to McDonalds. This is not something I expect from an upper class restaurant. Even if it is from the cheaper menu.

1  Thank James B

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Elegant and classy with the casualness of home is a tough call and Flemings Prime has done it! Located tucked in the NE corner of the Gateway outdoor mall, across the road from the JAZZ home at the E.A. Arena only a stones throw from a UTA TRAX stop, but the ambience is a world of it's own! Dark wood paneling, subtle lighting that you can still easily read the menu, a glass wall seperates the bar area with 2 large flat panel TV's with different March Madness games on, a locked and beautiful wine storage boasting some of the worlds' finest, white linen covered tables offering either white or black linen napkins and an open bar kitchen with multiple staff taking care of all of our dining needs. A client suggested we dine and is this ever a referral I am grateful to pass on to you.
I enjoyed the Chef's special for the night; smoked trout. It was delivered in a stunning artist stacked dish. Garlic mashed potatoes on the base with 2 layers of smoked trout, spinach and asparagas between with a thinly sliced red onion that complimented not over powered, and 2 large garlic prawns crowning it off, 2 potato fans off the side making it look almost too good to eat! It was light and all the flavors were distinct offering layers of sensory pleasing flavors. Excellent! the staff all worked seamlessly to make sure we had time to visit and yet keep our food arriving in a timely fashion.
A loaf of delicious grain bread arrived shortly after our orders were taken along with a chantilly butter and a garlic sun dried tomato butter that was keeping my tastebuds very happy.
My date had the onion soup and declared it to be one of the best he has ever had. The Fleming's potatoes were a scalloped potato dish that was wonderful and not too cheesy and rich.
For desert we enjoyed a Walnut Turtle Cake that was warm with ala mode vanilla ice cream; it too was layers of flavors that sent my tastebuds and senses doing happy dances. The chocolate was too rich to be milk chocolate and not bitter like dark chocolate can sometimes be. Just perfect!
Strongly suggest you make reservations for any night of the week, as it appears that they constantly have large groups arriving all night long.
It was pricey but then fine dining is.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I took a couple of customers out for dinner and I can honestly say we were very disappointed. The service was OK, but the steaks and sides were marginal.
2 out of 3 meals were served cold, the sides of potatoes and the fries were both cold to the touch. Our meals must have sat for quite some time before coming out of the kitchen.
When we finally were able to tell someone, they grabbed our steaks and heated them back up. Now we had hot steaks that were now well done ond still had the cold sides?

This is a very nice steakhouse and I have had many good meals here in the past, Next time I have a choice I would probably pick another place to take my guest

3  Thank mrfuel
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The food may be pricey, but it is well worth it. It's a restaurant you want to indulge yourself in at least once. The staff is extremely kind and on top of things. Using the new Wine Pad (an iPad with listings of wine and pairing suggestions) was a neat experience. My boyfriend and I went to celebrate after I took my last final. The filet mignion steaks we ordered were delicious and very flavorful without needing sauces. The bread and spread was delicious and my loaded baked potato was done perfectly. My boyfriend had the Flemings potatoes and we were both impressed with them as well. The waiter recommended the A-Z and Predator wine to go with our meals and he was right. They were an excellent pairing. Finally, to indulge we partook in their chocolate lava molten cake. It was delicious. With chocolate, pistachios, and vanilla ice cream, how can you go wrong? To top it off, we had a latte as well. It was a very enjoyable visit and we will most definitely be returning. If you have the funds to spare and would like a nice treat, visit here!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We arrived to join our party already in the bar area enjoying a nice bottle of wine. We were directed to our table and another bottle was close behind. As a party of 7 we shared a couple appetizers that were Fabulous. The wine glasses were always full due to our servers keen eye and constant care. The entrees were all perfectly prepared and very tasty. Desserts were also ordered. the Cheese cake - nice and creamy. The Chocolate Lava cake was incredible and served with a chocolate chip cookie "cone" with ice-cream. Could not have been a better dining experience.