“Wonderful food and service. Best bread pudding ever!”
Review of Rino's Italian Ristorante - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Utah
“Wonderful food and service. Best bread pudding ever!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My husband and I have eaten at Rino's several times over the past ten years. It's a quaint, comfortable restaurant where we know we'll get great food and excellent service.

We've been there as a couple, as a family with young children, and as a large group of friends. While the restaurant is not really billed as a family restaurant, the staff has always welcomed our children and they've gone out of their way to meet our kids' needs.That said, I much prefer to dine here among adults.

Reservations are highly recommended so you don't have to wait long for a table, but we've shown up a couple times w/o reservations and the staff was great about making us feel welcome and comfortable during the wait.

Over the years, we've tried many entrees and have never been disappointed. But the one thing that keeps us craving Rino's over any other restaurant is their bread pudding. I didn't even know I liked bread pudding until I had it at Rino's. Since that first bread pudding experience, I've ordered it at many other restaurants and I'm yet to find another place that makes a comparable dessert.

• Visited July 2011

Orem, Utah
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

This is such an excellent restaurant. Old and charming with amazing food and wonderful service. It's a little pricey but very worth it.

• Visited April 2012
Los Angeles
“American version of Italian food”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Lived in Italy for many years after leaving SLC. Came back again and tried this restaurant that I used to love. After living in Italy and eating real Italian food, this is not even close to authentic. Sorry eveyone, once you have had real Italian cooking, this will dissapoint. Used to love it when I didn't know any better.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank OCGirl58
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Make a reservation, and prepare to relax and enjoy a fresh meal at your Italian mother's place. Ahh!”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

This is a very beloved restaurant, so if you don't want to wait for a table, make a reservation and be on time. Week nights are less crowded than weekends.

I have been to this restaurant several times including last week. I always adore the food, the service and Rino, the lovable Italian owner. I don't know what some of the negative reviewers were smoking, but I love the homey, unique, old world Italian atmosphere found at Rino's, similar to the kind of ambiance I've found in small, one-of a kind establishments I've found in Italy. The waiters there have always been very helpful, organized and friendly. To me, eating at Rino's is like sitting down at your Italian mother's table and savoring her expertly prepared meals and always ending up very satisfied and hoping to return soon.

If you want modern Italian food served in an impersonal, modern atmosphere with slick waiters and possibly a high ceiling, then there are dozens of restaurants, including chains like Olive Garden and Macaroni Grill to choose from.

There is only one Rino's, and it is a Salt Lake treasure.

There is only one Rino's, and it is a Salt Lake treasure.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank jeninesnarr
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Best Italian Restaurant in Salt Lake City”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

It's always a treat to have dinner at Rino's. The food is always superb and you never get the "chain store" type food. This is like taking a trip to Italy! They have a garden in back where they grow a lot of their own ingredients.

• Visited December 2011