“Stylish Italian”

Description: Voted 2010 READER'S CHOICE BEST NEW RESTAURANT, Salt Lake Magazine
SLC, UT
“Stylish Italian”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Some of our favorite pasta, pizza, salads & gelato. Anything with the house made italian sausage. Good red & white house wines for $1/oz.

• Visited May 2013

Signal Hill, California
“Best Place for Pizza in SLC”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The last time I went was in 2008, but the experience was memorable. I had to put a 2012 date because there was no other option. The food was awesome every time I went. The drawback was the service. Some night we had phenomenal service, other times it was questionable. However, the food makes up for anything else that might go slightly away from your ideal eating experience. The owner came round once or twice to great customers, so that was great! Good prices and great food!

• Visited April 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Best kept secret”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We happened upon this lovely little gem of an eatery. Very stylish ambiance and very personable wait staff. The food is quite yummy. Their rustic oven fired pizzas are a treat and great for 2 people to share. Their chop salads are fantastic and LARGE--you will need to share. Pasta dishes are unusual and portions are very large. The two I have tried are great. Every dessert there is the bomb! Since finding it I have enticed friends to join me and the place has been a hit with everyone so far. Prices are very reasonable. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited February 2013
St. George, Utah
“Great weekend lunch spot”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Visit on a Saturday afternoon and get seated immediately. We like the meatball appetizer which is something we normally wouldn't order. The salads are excellent - especially the beet salad and the V salad. The pizzas are good. Save room for gelato, which is served with a yummy cookie The salted caramel gelato is my favorite. The atmosphere is upscale eclectic. There is parking in back.
We spent $100 including tip for a group of four. This incuded one appetizer, two salads, three pizzas, four gelatos and two beers. No one left hungry!

• Visited March 2013
Madison, Connecticut
“How's the pizza? We don't know.”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We were a party of three, first in line for the next table. A party of five and a party of two were then seated ahead of us. We waited another twenty minutes. While waiting we realized that the restaurant is set up with round booths that accommodate five or more, and tables against the wall the accommodate pairs of people. A table for two opened up and was given to a couple just as they walked through the door. A both opened up but behind us were two more parties of five. Of course they gave the booth to one of those parties. At that point it became clear that the only way they would seat us was if two pairs of diners seated next to each other left at the same time. So after waiting 30 minutes and watching four parties (14 people) behind us seated.we left. We were not given an explanation or apology.

So if the restaurant is full when you get there lie and say you are a party of five. After you are seated tell them that you just got a call and the other two in your party cannot make it. The waiters (who are not that bright) won't have any idea what you're up to.

• Visited January 2013
tiffanyjassel, General Manager at Vinto, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your (almost) experience. I'd love to hear more about how the host/hostess/or manager treated you and explained our process upon walking in the door. I'd hate to think that the basics are being ignored. Please if you find the time, my number is 435-615-9990 (based in Park City), and I am always accessible via e-mail at tiffany@vinto.com.

I truly hope to hear from you. If you decide to give Vinto Salt Lake another chance- your dining will be on me. I need to show you what we are really about- great food, great service, great atmosphere.

Tiffany Jassel, General Manager