“Great weekend lunch spot”
Review of Vinto - CLOSED

Vinto
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Voted 2010 READER'S CHOICE BEST NEW RESTAURANT, Salt Lake Magazine
St. George, Utah
“Great weekend lunch spot”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Visit on a Saturday afternoon and get seated immediately. We like the meatball appetizer which is something we normally wouldn't order. The salads are excellent - especially the beet salad and the V salad. The pizzas are good. Save room for gelato, which is served with a yummy cookie The salted caramel gelato is my favorite. The atmosphere is upscale eclectic. There is parking in back.
We spent $100 including tip for a group of four. This incuded one appetizer, two salads, three pizzas, four gelatos and two beers. No one left hungry!

• Visited March 2013

Madison, Connecticut
“How's the pizza? We don't know.”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We were a party of three, first in line for the next table. A party of five and a party of two were then seated ahead of us. We waited another twenty minutes. While waiting we realized that the restaurant is set up with round booths that accommodate five or more, and tables against the wall the accommodate pairs of people. A table for two opened up and was given to a couple just as they walked through the door. A both opened up but behind us were two more parties of five. Of course they gave the booth to one of those parties. At that point it became clear that the only way they would seat us was if two pairs of diners seated next to each other left at the same time. So after waiting 30 minutes and watching four parties (14 people) behind us seated.we left. We were not given an explanation or apology.

So if the restaurant is full when you get there lie and say you are a party of five. After you are seated tell them that you just got a call and the other two in your party cannot make it. The waiters (who are not that bright) won't have any idea what you're up to.

• Visited January 2013
tiffanyjassel, General Manager at Vinto, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your (almost) experience. I'd love to hear more about how the host/hostess/or manager treated you and explained our process upon walking in the door. I'd hate to think that the basics are being ignored. Please if you find the time, my number is 435-615-9990 (based in Park City), and I am always accessible via e-mail at tiffany@vinto.com.

I truly hope to hear from you. If you decide to give Vinto Salt Lake another chance- your dining will be on me. I need to show you what we are really about- great food, great service, great atmosphere.

Sharon, Massachusetts
“Great pizza!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Delicious wood fired pizza. Very tasty. Great salads. Very nice atmoshpere. I would definately go back. Nice find. Thank you Trip Advisor!

• Visited January 2013
Good afternoon,

Glad you found us, too! Thank you very much for adding to our SL Trip Advisor page. If you're ever looking to explore, we also have a location on Main Street in Park City, and we'd certainly love to see you there supporting the Vinto brand.

Thank you so much for dining with us!

tiffany@vinto.com
“Brick oven pizza and gelato”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Exceptional service, chic atmosphere (booths and tables with chairs), and innovative menu. Water bottles at the table - feels more like Calfornia or Arizona than Utah. Wide arrary of brick oven pizza choices, salads, and save room for gelato. Flavors such as lemon chamomile and gingerbread with chunks of gingerbread cookie. Served with cookie on top.I hope mgt will keep the gingerbread gelato throughout the year. Reasonably price for eating out and having an indulgent dining experience.

• Visited December 2012
tiffanyjassel, General Manager at Vinto, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Good afternoon!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about our food and service quality! Truly with everything you must have going on surrounding the holiday season, it means the world that you wrote about our style, pizza, and gelatos (which are all made in-house!).

I wish you the best and hope to meet you on your next visit- be it at Salt Lake City Vinto or Park City Vinto.

Connecticut
“Two Vinto's, one in Salt Lake City, a branch in Park City”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have been back to SLC and revisited Vinto which is as excellent as it was when I wrote my first review. However, a branch opened in Park City and although I have not been there, I have heard from my family that the staff is just not well trained. The Salt Lake crew is professional and knowledgeable in every way unllike the PC staff.
It is the same ownership. However, don't confuse the two. The SLC Vinto has a definite city vibe with the best staff. The Park City branch is more mountain resort with probably seasonal staff (although I do not know that for a fact.) I have heard from my family that the wait staff in PC is not helpful. Also, people seem to think of the PC Vinto as a pizza "joint." Although the SLC Vinto has interesting pizzas, they also have the most interesting, nicely presented, reasonably priced food.

• Visited August 2012
tiffanyjassel, General Manager at Vinto, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Good evening!

It's good to see a seasoned Vinto traveler! Thank you for writing about our properties. It is very true that our Park City team is more green than our SLC team. However, give us a chance to wow you. There has been continuous focus on service improvements at our new location in Park City, and I think you'll find yourself pleasantly surprised to see a noticeable difference from where we started!

Thank you very much for recognizing the effort our tenured SLC staff has put into developing themselves as a truly service oriented group. I hope you come to find that PC has done the same thing on your next visit. Some great seasonal team members, but many long term as well- we're very excited about the direction we're taking!

Tiffany