“Brick oven pizza and gelato”
Review of Vinto - CLOSED

Vinto
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Voted 2010 READER'S CHOICE BEST NEW RESTAURANT, Salt Lake Magazine
“Brick oven pizza and gelato”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Exceptional service, chic atmosphere (booths and tables with chairs), and innovative menu. Water bottles at the table - feels more like Calfornia or Arizona than Utah. Wide arrary of brick oven pizza choices, salads, and save room for gelato. Flavors such as lemon chamomile and gingerbread with chunks of gingerbread cookie. Served with cookie on top.I hope mgt will keep the gingerbread gelato throughout the year. Reasonably price for eating out and having an indulgent dining experience.

• Visited December 2012
tiffanyjassel, General Manager at Vinto, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Good afternoon!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about our food and service quality! Truly with everything you must have going on surrounding the holiday season, it means the world that you wrote about our style, pizza, and gelatos (which are all made in-house!).

I wish you the best and hope to meet you on your next visit- be it at Salt Lake City Vinto or Park City Vinto.

Tiffany Jassel, General Manager

Connecticut
“Two Vinto's, one in Salt Lake City, a branch in Park City”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have been back to SLC and revisited Vinto which is as excellent as it was when I wrote my first review. However, a branch opened in Park City and although I have not been there, I have heard from my family that the staff is just not well trained. The Salt Lake crew is professional and knowledgeable in every way unllike the PC staff.
It is the same ownership. However, don't confuse the two. The SLC Vinto has a definite city vibe with the best staff. The Park City branch is more mountain resort with probably seasonal staff (although I do not know that for a fact.) I have heard from my family that the wait staff in PC is not helpful. Also, people seem to think of the PC Vinto as a pizza "joint." Although the SLC Vinto has interesting pizzas, they also have the most interesting, nicely presented, reasonably priced food.

• Visited August 2012
tiffanyjassel, General Manager at Vinto, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Good evening!

It's good to see a seasoned Vinto traveler! Thank you for writing about our properties. It is very true that our Park City team is more green than our SLC team. However, give us a chance to wow you. There has been continuous focus on service improvements at our new location in Park City, and I think you'll find yourself pleasantly surprised to see a noticeable difference from where we started!

Thank you very much for recognizing the effort our tenured SLC staff has put into developing themselves as a truly service oriented group. I hope you come to find that PC has done the same thing on your next visit. Some great seasonal team members, but many long term as well- we're very excited about the direction we're taking!

Tiffany
tiffany@vinto.com
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Food is so good and Service is SO SO poor”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I feel bad for the kitchen staff as they will continue to fight an uphill battle because all the great food in the world can not make up for poor service. The wait staff in Park City, on the two occasions we went there, was so rude and inept. It was embarrassing how they spoke to our table of 12 and how terrible their service was. We went back a second time thinking that they must have had a bad night but this was not the case. They seem to think they are doing the patrons a huge favor by allowing them the pleasure of their unpleasant company. What a shame. We will never go back and we tell all the people we can to avoid this place at all cost, unless you want to be talked down to and shunned. STAY AWAY

Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a view about Vinto Park City. It's unfortunate the service staff left you feeling unwelcomed, but I'm glad you enjoyed our unique menu. Though you've mentioned otherwise, I'd love to have you come back to see how we've developed as a family within the restaurant. With a new service team, new management, and new culinary leaders, we truly have a team at this point that if nothing else, cares about the experience they are providing.

Again thank you, Sincerely,

Tiffany
tiffany@vinto.com
Banff National Park, Canada
“loved it”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

excellent setting, decor, atmosphere. Excellent food. Excellent service. Wish I lived close- it would be my new fav

Visited August 2012
Salt Lake City
“My favorite restaurant in Salt Lake City”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I am tired of the fancy steak and seafood restaurants that one goes to for entertaining business clients. I like unpretentious little places with a sense of style. Vinto fits the bill. It is small but feels like a NYC bistro tucked in the Village. The food is equally great - fresh, imaginative, and well prepared. The service here is outstanding - attentive but not cloistering. The prices are a tad high, but hey, I am paying for the experience! They have an outstanding selection of wines, and the wait staff are very familiar with them. I have never been rushed here - this isn't a diner! One is encouraged to linger and savor (something of a lost art). To sum it all up, if I had to choose one place in Salt Lake at which to sit across the table and stare into the eyes of a lover, this would be the place. Highly recommended!