“Food is so good and Service is SO SO poor”
Review of Vinto - CLOSED

Vinto
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Voted 2010 READER'S CHOICE BEST NEW RESTAURANT, Salt Lake Magazine
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I feel bad for the kitchen staff as they will continue to fight an uphill battle because all the great food in the world can not make up for poor service. The wait staff in Park City, on the two occasions we went there, was so rude and inept. It was embarrassing how they spoke to our table of 12 and how terrible their service was. We went back a second time thinking that they must have had a bad night but this was not the case. They seem to think they are doing the patrons a huge favor by allowing them the pleasure of their unpleasant company. What a shame. We will never go back and we tell all the people we can to avoid this place at all cost, unless you want to be talked down to and shunned. STAY AWAY

tiffanyjassel, General Manager at Vinto, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a view about Vinto Park City. It's unfortunate the service staff left you feeling unwelcomed, but I'm glad you enjoyed our unique menu. Though you've mentioned otherwise, I'd love to have you come back to see how we've developed as a family within the restaurant. With a new service team, new management, and new culinary leaders, we truly have a team at this point that if nothing else, cares about the experience they are providing.

Again thank you, Sincerely,

Tiffany
tiffany@vinto.com

Reviewed August 22, 2012

excellent setting, decor, atmosphere. Excellent food. Excellent service. Wish I lived close- it would be my new fav

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I am tired of the fancy steak and seafood restaurants that one goes to for entertaining business clients. I like unpretentious little places with a sense of style. Vinto fits the bill. It is small but feels like a NYC bistro tucked in the Village. The food is equally great - fresh, imaginative, and well prepared. The service here is outstanding - attentive but not cloistering. The prices are a tad high, but hey, I am paying for the experience! They have an outstanding selection of wines, and the wait staff are very familiar with them. I have never been rushed here - this isn't a diner! One is encouraged to linger and savor (something of a lost art). To sum it all up, if I had to choose one place in Salt Lake at which to sit across the table and stare into the eyes of a lover, this would be the place. Highly recommended!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Vinto is decent. No more, no less. As one reviewer stated, it is unfussy. I've been on more than one occasion and have yet to be "wowed". It's a little pricey for the quality and quantity. Additionally, I don't like that you have to park around back and walk all the way around. It isn't far, but when there is no sidewalk and people drive like the batmobile, you are taking your life in your hands. Also, the driveway MUST be directly over the sewer, because it always smells like turd when we're walking in. I don't know about ya'll, but poop smell ruins my appetite. If you want to feel swanky but have to take kiddos with you, this would be the place. But if you want MUCH better quality pizza (true to its italian roots) and incredible gelato, I would go to Settebello. Comparable pricing, much better tasting. And it is sans the poop.

1  Thank LiveWithHope
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

This place has the best pizza around, the staff is always friendly and great, and the little outdoor patio is delightful.

1  Thank o2bmanda