“Bar is closed, no alcohol served here” 2 of 5 bubbles

Amelia's Grille
Ranked #968 of 1,379 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Denver, Colorado
“Bar is closed, no alcohol served here”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

We waited 10 minutes to be seated and then we had to ask for menus. Typical diner fare- greasy and unimpressive food. I saw some people being served massive ribs. It smells like the hotel it is in- bad.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank rrdub

Pocatello, Idaho
“Overpriced limited menu”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

After seeing they did not have a kids menu, I ordered the chicken nachos for me and my daughter to share. The chicken was dry and overcooked. My husband's fish was good but way overpriced.

Visited June 2012
San Diego, California
“Was I at a strip club or a hotel resturant?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

On Friday, October 21st, my family stayed at Amelia's Inn in Salt Lake City. We decided to have dinner at the grill which was actually in the lounge. It was a busy night since they were having a retirement party for a guest that had been coming there for years. This didn't bother us at all, it seemed like a fun crowd saying good bye to a friend that, from what I heard was leaving the state after his retirement. The frustration came in when no one working would come to the booths to take orders, if you wanted to order anything, food, drinks... you had to walk to the bar for help and were treated as if you were an inconvenience, no service at all. We placed our order with the waitress (I say that very lightly) Amy. When approaching Amy I wasn't sure if she were working for Amelia's or a stripper they had hired for the party as she was wearing something straight from the strip club. I had never seen such inappropriate attire on a server at a hotel. Her skirt looked to be made of aluminum foil and barely covered her bottom. The top was some sort of bustier, I couldn't believe my eyes. What type of place is this? Amy didn't seem interested in helping any female customer's (I guess females do not tip as well), only the men. When we left the next morning we questioned if we had stayed at the Bunny Ranch or a Salt Lake hotel. To top it off, there was a man, I would like to call him a gentleman but am not able to, yelling obstinacies at the girl at the booth behind us as she cried. Both of the staff working the bar didn’t even try to take control of the situation. Needless to say, I would never stay nor recommend Amelia’s Inn to anyone. The food which most was not available was not good to say the least and the staff needs to all be replaced with professionals.

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Trina S
valley village
“Poor Service, dirty”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2010

We were the only ones in the restaurant at around 8:30 PM. The waitress doubled as a cook's helper. It took almost 40 minutes, after we sat down to get our food. Getting more water or attention required us to get up and ask the waitress who was doing "other" things.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RHINOWIN
Provo, Utah
“Skip it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2009

Amelia's, located in a Ramada Inn west of the Salt Lake International Airport, is worth skipping. Food is mediocre, service was awful (seat yourself, track down the server, pay at the hotel), and loud with the open doors to the adjacent bar.

• 2 of 5 bubbles