“So I gave them another chance”
Review of La Frontera Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Frontera Cafe
Ranked #862 of 1,406 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Mexican
aspd3815900
“So I gave them another chance”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

If you've ever watched "Restaurant Impossible" on the Food Network, Robert Irvine needs to come to this place!
Last December I went to this restaurant with a friend who highly recommended it. The service was poor the food was not even cooked properly. I wrote it off as a bad night like we all have sometime. This evening 5/5/2012 in celebration of Cico de mayo we decided to go for Mexican food. Our first choice restaurant was packed with an over an hour wait. I suggested we give La Frontera another chance. We should have waited!
Employees were more concerned about doing side work than taking care of customers. Food was luke warm and the plates were cold. Had to ask for things like refills of drinks. Orders were not correct and things like sour cream were almost forgotten. I left a generous tip because I feel bad for anyone who has to work there. The blinds are broken, the ceiling a walls show signs of water leaks from the roof. I went to the desk for change and a lady getting a take out order was pointing out all the mistake on her orders. This is definitely my last visit. Sorry, I had to down grade a business but all four of us in our group tonight agreed this was pretty mediocre.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank aspd3815900

“Nothing fancy, but great Mexican food and superior service”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We ate here on Christmas Eve, 2011 and had an excellent meal. I had tamales and my boyfriend had a combo plate. The sauces and salsa were very good and the meal was reasonably priced. What really stood out for me was the service - our waiter knew his job well and made us feel like we were in a much fancier restaurant. I had the flan for dessert and it was much firmer than I am used to, but it was very good. I would happily dine here again.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The Hood gets together and goes here about once or twice a month. Great Mexican food. There are usually 4 of us and...”
Reviewed March 12, 2008

The Hood gets together and goes here about once or twice a month. Great Mexican food. There are usually 4 of us and we usually get the same thing all the time. The rice is the best ever.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook