“Down home and comfortable”

Olympian Greek & American
Ranked #309 of 1,434 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: American, Diner, Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We have been going to the Olympian for over 23 years, the food has been consistently good and the service is great. The staff is mostly the same and they do a great job. I always have a special order and it always comes out just like I want it. The lemon soup is tasty the greek salad is fresh and the gyro is very good. I wish they were open for dinner.

Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

My 3 year old daughter and I came here for lunch today. The decor is a little... grandma's house-y. It's cute.
We ordered the lemon-chicken-rice soup, which was pretty good. It wasn't overly salty. It was thick and yummy. My daughter just enjoyed one of the 2 big rolls that came with our soup.
After that we got the souvlaki with pitas, and fries. The meat was so tender and seasoned so well. It had fresh thyme that made it sooo good.
With 2 of us eating, we still had leftovers.
I'd like to go back to try other menu items and I recommend it to folks in or visiting the Sugarhouse area.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I can't believe there is not more reviews for this place. The food is never a disappointment and you will always be greeted by nice friendly staff. Most of the servers have been there for years. We always enjoy stopping here on the weekends for some yummy food.

Reviewed January 27, 2012

My co-worker and I stop here for lunch as often as possible. Maria and Tony make the BEST lemon rice soup, the Best gyros, no chunks of cartilage in the gyro meat. The servers are always fast, smiling and remember what we like! Also Maria makes the BEST Greek pastries. One is called Paximadia, like a biscotti , to dunk in your coffee, and the to- die- for Galatobouriko. The BEST Greek food in Salt Lake City, walking in feels like your Mother welcoming you home, the Lemon Rice soup is the best comfort food in the world.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

My girlfriends and I go here almost weekly. Ran by a seriously sweet Greek family, it's like having your own special family joint to go eat. Even on the busiest days, they sit you pretty quickly, and there is something special about a staff that remembers your order when you come in!