“Good local beer”

Squatters Pub Brewery
Ranked #15 of 1,406 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Salt Lake's original brew pub since 1989, serving award-winning fresh brewed beers and an eclectic menu filled with pub favorites like fish and chips, bacon wrapped meat loaf and our famous veggie burger. Serving lunch, dinner and weekend brunch. Private event space for groups from 30- 400.
Winsted, Minnesota
“Good local beer”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We never had any food here, but it looked good. We had a great time setting up to the bar and trying different beers. I would reccomend it.

Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Lehi, Utah
“Great menu and lots of brews to choose from!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

You'll enjoy a fun, lively atmosphere with a great selection of dishes. If you're looking for a great brew, they have many to choose from! There is a lot of seating here and it's great for large groups or just an couple wanting to enjoy a evening.

Bloomington, Illinois
“Great food and beer!”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Fun, casual atmosphere with a great food and beer selection. We enjoyed the pretzel appetizer (their mustard was delicious), and I ordered the Grilled Vegetable sandwich. Tasty! My favorite beer on their menu was the Hell's Keep. I like how they cook a lot of food with their beer, and suggest beer pairings with every meal on the menu!

Ripon, Wisconsin
“Enjoyed It”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We went on a Thursday night with no reservation and were seated immediately. The waiter was friendly, cheerful, and helpful. The beer was good, the burgers were great.

One disappointment that is the Utah legislature's fault, not the pub's: Squatters' menu includes a beer sampler--six small glasses of your choice of their inhouse brews. But the sampler is no longer available; a new liquor law in Utah prohibits putting more than two drinks in front of any one patron. I was able to order small samples of two different amber beers for 35 cents apiece. What fool came up with that law?

Two nights later, I ordered Jameson Whisky neat in a hotel bar and got only a tiny serving. The waitress told me the new law limits spirits to a one-ounce pour. I'm betting the people who passed that law don't drink and have no clue. I'm all for moderation, but give me a break!

Prescott, Arizona
“Airport location is cool”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is a review for the location at SLC airport, as I couldn't see it listed separately on TripAdvisor. We connected through SLC early on a Saturday morning, heading from Portland, OR to Austin, TX. With over an hour to kill before our connection, we decided to grab some food, and happened to be standing outside Squatters. When I saw the beer list, it was a no-brainer to eat here! I had the Polygamy Porter, which I really enjoyed. For food, we had the vegan scramble. It was OK, but a little dry by itself, and the butter pats served with the toast had melted to liquid. A little more thought on the food presentation would be good. But for atmosphere, beer selection and convenient location, this is a winner. I'm seriously considering connecting through SLC again in the future so that I can try a few more beers.