“Italian food as it is supposed to be”
Review of Macaroni Grill - CLOSED

Macaroni Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stepped in from the Hilton across the street on a hunt for some food. We didn't have any expectations, as we didn't know the place. Coming from Europe, we didn't even know it was a chain. The service was friendly and entertaining (thank you Bret!), but more importantly: the food was simply said very good! Italian as it should be: basic flavors from fresh ingredients. E.g. tomato sauce in which you can still recognize the tomatoes, not only in taste but even in appearance. I do not really understand earlier comments on the price level of this restaurant. I think that USD 13 for a main dish of this quality, is actually good value. But I leave that up to everyone's own wallet. We were very happy to have crossed the street.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

It's an average Macaroni Grill. They were short staffed the night we went so we did wait for a bit. The staff was friendly, and the food was very good.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

the food is good, but overpriced for the quality. they do have creme brule that is good. the dishes were hot and comforting.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The service was horrible. Waited 20 minutes after being seated before anyone even noticed us, then it was a manager who happened to be walking by. He gave us macaroni and cheese bites as an apology for the poor service. Those things are nasty!! Why Macaroni Grill even has them on their menu is beyond me. Then after he got our order in I sat there watching people who came in after us getting their food. I finally stopped a passing waiter. He went and talked to our waitress who told him that another waiter had given our order to his table. When the manager returned to apologize for the further poor service he told me that the kitchen was backed up. I do not like being lied to! He gave us $10 in gift certificates. I used to love Macaroni Grill but in my opinion the quality of the food has REALLY depreciated so this was not much consolation.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stopped in at 10 PM on a Saturday night after seeing a play. We ordered an appetizer sampler and a salad sampler. Both were really good. Decor was very nice and the service was exhalant. Would go again.

1  Thank rogich24