“Good, interesting food”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
“Good, interesting food”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

The food is great here and the atmosphere too. They have very interesting and delicious combinations and a good menu. It also has a lot of vegan and vegetarian options but good meaty option to. A good place for anyone to go for a bite.

Park City, Utah
“Needs a new chef”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

How this place manages to have long lines every weekend is beyond my comprehension. The coffee is worse than macdonald's and the food is tired and bland; no boldness of flavoring at all. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that's how I see it. There's a place called Eggs in the City not far away and is much better. I'm really hoping Blue Plate gets a new chef soon because I'd like to go back; I like the location and the atmosphere.

Visited September 2013
Memphis, Michigan
“I could get really fat here!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food was so good and had such large portions. We came for brunch and our table of 6 all had over half of our food left over. I wanted to order everything off the menu! The parking isn't great, and the bathrooms leave something to be desired, but great cafe.

• Visited August 2013
Taylorsville, Utah
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

For Labor Day my wife and I decided we would like to treat ourselves to a meal out. My wife is somewhat hard to please when it comes to dinning out and so we spent at least 2 hours looking at restaurants and ratings for restaurants in the area. We wanted somewhere that I could have Chicken Fried Steak and where she could have something that looked good to her. After a great deal of searching, we decided on the Blue Plate Diner. We drove all the way across town to reach our destination. When we arrived the place was packed, but there was still one small table available for immediate seating. We were given a menu, but my wife soon discovered that the Blue Plate Fish-n Chips she had seen on the online menu, was not on the menu we were looking at in the restaurant. She ended up ordering the 7 dollar Onion Rings and I ordered the Chicken Fried Steak with Eggs over easy. Keep in mind the reason we chose the Diner is because they offered Chicken Fried Steak. When the waiter brought my order to the table he set in front of me Bacon, Eggs (one over easy and one up), Potatoes and Toast. Not wanting to make a scene, or wait for a new order, I ate what was given me. My food alright but not in line with the ratings we had seen online. The Onion Rings were all together another story. They were cold, they tasted greasy and were way not worth the 7 dollars they cost. My overall impression... Why was this place rated 4 1/2 stars online?

• Visited September 2013
Singapore
“Great diner!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Great diner with nice menu and awesome staff. If you like greasy comfort food... a must try if in Utah!

• Visited August 2013