“Its worth it!”

Cuisines: Indian
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Its worth it!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Located on the west side of state street just before 2100 south is a gem of an eatery called 'Curry in a Hurry'. When asking my wife what she would like for dinner she suggested "something like a rice bowl" I told her we could do better than that and I brought her here. She was excited because she had been here before but not for some time. I had eaten here at lunch just the week before and loved it so much I had to come back.

"You have got to try the pastries with potato's in it" she said. We found out from the owner himself that they are Samosa's. We ordered the Lamb Combo plate with potato curry and two Samosa's on the side. Once again I was impressed with the delicious offerings of which I was partaking. Yum!

The two of us shared the plate and were both very satisfied with the amount of food.

I had the Chicken curry combo the week before and I must say that the coconut curry on the chicken was my favorite, but the lamb, with its tomato curry was a close second.

You know we will be back.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Scott W

Utah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Curry in Town”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This Halal food found in a tiny "hole in the wall" is the best Indian/Pakistani cuisine you'll find in the state. Owner operated by a friendly couple who love to cook their favorite food, it is a tiny place, but you can always take out and believe me, it's worth a 30 mile drive. My mouth is watering right now.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank struffles
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Fast, friendly and the best curry in town”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This little Mom & Pop restaurant dishes up the best curry in Salt Lake City, in a hurry! Family owned and operated since its beginning, Curry in a Hurry offers both very fast take out as well as a small but comfortable dining area. Curry in a Hurry also has a variety of meat-free dishes, which makes it very appealing to those who do not eat meat.

• Visited February 2013
New York City, New York
“Decent To Go Curry Option”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Curry in a hurry is one of those places where the name of the place is spot on. Simply put if you are looking for a quick curry fix on the go and want to get in and out quickly this is your place. The food here doesn't compare with the other choices that exist in Salt Lake City but for what it is, curry dishes to go served in styrofoam boxes, it is good enough. The Naan will not impress anyone and the curry is not particularly memorable, but it is solidly executed with some good heat. Service is average at best, the game here is volume, not a memorable dining experience.

• Visited January 2013
SLC, UT
“Great Curry, super fast. Whats in name?”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I love C in a H. The line can be long, and plan on getting it to go if you go around lunch, but the lamb is great!

Visited November 2012