“OK doesn't live up to reviews”
Review of Blue Iguana

Blue Iguana
Ranked #82 of 1,496 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The only thing I found that separated the Blue Iguana from your neighborhood Mexican restaurant was the mole, the selection of mole.
Chips and salsa were nothing to write home about.
Gucamole was bland to my palate the salsa may have dulled my tastebuds
Drinks seemed small, small glass lots of ice.
Camarones in mole negro.....they left the tails on the shrimp which put the burden of removing them on the diner but the shrimp were fresh and properly cooked. The mole itself was flavorful but a little flat, it could have used a little more heat.
Dessert offerings were disappointing, fried ice cream instead of sopapillas?
Bottom line: it was good, definitely not great.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Since the BI has been "discovered", sometimes when the dining room is busy, it is a little inconsistent, but I have always loved this place. It's a good place to go with a family; big parties seem to be easily accommodated. Friendly service. Food very good but not quite great - I say that because it's pretty predictable stuff. Perhaps they will get a little more creative - the place deserves it.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had the best service! We sat in the bar area and the bartender was so excellent! She recommended the perfect dishes and drinks for both my husband and myself. It is a little off the beaten path but is a great find!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Love the Chimichangas, and chips and salsa are terrific. Fun location and good value. Many of my friends also enjoyed Blue iguana.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

The decor and food at this little tuck away place are great, price is extremely reasonable. We always take our toddlers and they are welcome, even if it is a nicer restaurent. Go for lunch, its less crowded.