“Big eats”

The Roof Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Roof Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 1,507 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: State Street
Description: The Roof Restaurant is a fine dining gourmet buffet, priced at $42.00 per adult. We are open for dinner starting at 5:00 p.m. Monday- Saturday. The menu includes our renowned dessert buffet and exciting international cuisine along with traditional favorites that differ on a daily basis.
Reviewed May 24, 2018

Group dinner for tour passengers was had in this class restaurant in the sky. The dinner was a buffet and the best fare on display. Eat as much as you want ! Just brilliant.

Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

The staff made sure we were taken care of and quite attentive and responsive. The view was beautiful, even though it’s only 10th floor. The food was good, but not awesome. At $48 per person, I was expecting a meal that was superb, not average. Bread was good and the clam chowder was quite rich. Everything else was ok. A big rush of customers after 7:30 made getting through the buffet line quite frustrating. Visit if you want the view and have a bit of money to spend.

Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

So I’m writing this review of the Roof Restaurant watching a couple on tv try to find a home in Minnesota. The guy is looking for a shower with room enough to nap. I didn’t think I ate that much tonight. Maybe I did.

On to tonight’s epic food tour de force. The Roof Restaurant is set perfectly in downtown Salt Lake City, offering stunning views of Temple Square and the city as a whole. After being seated looking directly out on Salt Lake Temple, my wife and I were treated to superb service from beginning to end. After being brought out a fresh hot yumtastic yeast roll Joseph Smith wishes one of his wives could have made(I kid, I kid), our outstanding waitress gave the word to unleash the beast. You can help yourself whenever you are ready. I only heard you.

An all you can eat buffet at a premium price, the Roof Restaurant had a lot to live up to. They were equal to the challenge. So was my belly, after a slight belt notch adjustment. From an array of fresh salads to scrumptious lobster penne with cheese, and through stuffed chicken, the only regrets I’m sure of now are those my wife harbors now as she deals with PTSD flashbacks of watching me eat. Post-traumatic Stuffing Disturbia. Sorry. This is for life honey.

To finish this amazing meal and even better time, I did grave damage to the dessert bar. Yes. Dessert bar. What? A dessert menu now seems so tiny house like. Like I have given up on living being confined to one dessert. When I can have ten. A few more, how you say, bloated pictures later, I wrapped up a truly wonderful meal and experience. And I was blessed to share my two year anniversary with my most beautiful and amazing wife. Thanks Roof Restaurant.

2  Thank Matthew T
Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

This is a fixed price buffet. $42 per adult. There is a wide selection of food.

The view is fantastic, right over the Temple.

The staff is very friendly, and generally a very happy group of young people.

There is a piano playing soft music.

This is really a lovely place to enjoy a meal with your family.

Reviewed May 4, 2018

The food was just bad, the deserts were too sweet and cheap, the salad bar felt like a cheap buffet, enough said.