“Surprisingly good”
Review of Cannella's

Cannella's
Reserve with OpenTable
Cannella's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #152 of 1,386 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

For the price I don't know if you can do much better. The daily specials are a steal. The service was great too.

Visited November 2012

Salt Lake City, UT
“Cheerful and well-kept, with dependably flavorful meals”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

In the summer, Cannella's has three distinctive sections, each with it's own micro-atmosphere. There is a patio in front of the building, with several umbrella tables. Inside, there is a dimly lit area with a bar, booths and a few tables, which is sort of reminiscent of "Cheers". On the other side of a brick wall is a brighter room with tables, with chalkboards announcing specials and a coffee list. All three areas offer good and familiar Italian cuisine. Special dishes and drinks rotate weekly. I ordered the Tuscan Chicken last night and my husband had the Clam Linguini, both of which were delicious. A fresh dinner salad with pickled beet, beans and shredded cheese is included with entrees. Wines by the glass are ample and the selection, though limited, is well-chosen. The dessert list looks scrumptious but we are rarely hungry enough at the end of a meal to indulge.

• Visited July 2012
Utah
“Yum. Standard, but solid goodness”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Comfy atmosphere, nice staff, good consistent meals. We used to love their veal, but they removed it at some point. Good wine, nice salads. Good neighborhood feel.

Visited April 2012
North Florida
“Very good dinner”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I had a business dinner here, and the convenience to the courthouse made it a very good choice. I had a very good caesar salad to start and we enjoyed a good bruschette appetizer. The service was good, the food prompt. They served dinner with a tasty, fresh baked bread.
I had the lasagna, which I enjoyed. It was a little different than the norm. My guests enjoyed the ravioli and chicken parmesan, although the latter was a little bit overcooked.
The food is not inexpensive, but is in line with what you would expect for a downtown in a larger city.

• Visited June 2012
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Great family dinner”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

It has been about 5 years since I last ate at cannellas. We went because we were downtown for the arts festival and wanted a great meal in a cool place. I was there with my wife and two kids (9 & 10). We all enjoyed our meals. My son had the kids cheese pizza (a little misnomer since it is a 12" pizza). He said it was the best he had eaten. My daughter ordered the madonna pizza which was tomato and basil. My wife had the Italian salad. I had the meatball sub with a dinner salad. Both were excellent. I really liked the blue cheese vinegrette that was on the salad. My kids both asked to go back.