“Best steak house in Salt Lake!”

Five Alls Restaurant
Ranked #228 of 1,406 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Since its inception in 1969, The Five Alls has been guided by this motto, and a large following of faithful patrons have appreciated a unique combination of excellent and plentiful food, charming and unpretentious service all couched in a rustic, medieval setting. Although many details have changed over time, and some innovative additions have been made to the menu, the heart and soul of this long tradition remain the same. By making all the meals 5-courses complete and never seeking to gouge customers on the price, The Five Alls has enjoyed a reputation for value as well as fine dining.
Tooele, Utah
“Best steak house in Salt Lake!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

A lot of people don't know it, but the best steak house in Salt Lake is Five Alls! Excellent food and olde English atmosphere. The wenches are always friendly, attentive and sexy. Other reviews say the decor is outdated, but that's part of the charm! You definitely need to try this place!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Matthew C

Salt Lake City, Utah
“So many courses for one price”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We love the five Alls. The items on the menu have not really changed in thirty years just the prices have changed. The clam dip with the soft bread sticks is wonderful... I save the dip to spread on the fresh bread. The decor and tables have not changed in 30 year either, but for me that has become normal and comfortable. The tenderloin oscar is always my choice. But the chicken make a reasonable choice for less money. I have even done the vegetarian to reduce the cost and not be quite so stuffed after all the courses.

• Visited November 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Good Ambiance, Poor Food”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Walking in, you do feel like you have been transported back to Middle Ages England. They do have the right ambiance for that. But the food is sub-par. I could make better roast chicken at home. It just doesn't come on the pewter plates. If you want to feel like you are back in "merry ole England" then by all means, go. Otherwise, stay away.

Houston, Texas, United States
“1970's Era Restaurant”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I recently visited my daughter in Utah, and wanted to take her and her family out to a nice meal. I had read the reviews online and thought this sounded pretty good. So that's where we ended up!

The decor is very 1970's. It is dark, with red furniture. That didn't bother me too much. I was looking for the food! We started with some swedish meatballs, and a clam dip with breadsticks. Loved the dip! They also start you with a banana frappe which was really good. We got entrees ranging from the Filet Oscar, to crab legs, to the chicken. Of course, I had to taste everyone's dish! It was all pretty good. The filet was tender, and cooked as ordered. The chicken was excellent. And last but not least, those crab legs were delicious. They then give you your choice of a number of parfaits. The grandkids got them and they really liked them. After tasting everyones' entrees, I was stuffed. No dessert for me.

I didn't see any other children in the restaurant. Luckily, my grandkids are 8 and 11 and are really well-behaved. I don't really think it's a place to take babies or toddlers. It was pretty quiet.

Anyway, if you're in the area you might want to check this out.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank pamh869
Salt Lake City
“Our special place for special events”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

My husband and I have been going to this restaurant for over 31 years on our anniversary. Now that they are only open on weekends we have had to missed a few but we were able to go this year. You have so many course. And each is wonderful. From the bananna frappe when you sit down to the appetizers of swedish meat balls and this wonderful small bread sticks with a sort of clam dip to the salad or soup or pineapple and the the delicious main course and the price even inculdes a wonderful dessert. I always have the Amarreto with ice cream parfait, served with almond cookies. The choice of desserts is amazing. The price can be anywhere from $$$ to $$$$. My husband loves the Lobster tail which is $$$$ but he swears it is the best he has ever had.

• Visited February 2012