“Excellent rolls and Sashimi.”

Tsunami Restaurant & Sushi Bar
Ranked #94 of 1,437 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Forest Dale
Cross street: 1100 East
Description: Tsunami offers diners exquisite Japanese-inspired cuisine in an exciting, contemporary setting. From the freshest sushi to amazingly tender baby back ribs, Tsunami's menu offers choices for the most discriminating palate. Whether you're in for a quick business lunch or out for a romantic dinner, the friendly, knowledgeable staff will provide a memorable dining experience. Voted Best Sushi, Best Power Lunch, and Best Upscale Casual Dining in Utah!
Reviewed April 20, 2016

The food here is fresh and excellent. The rolls and Sashimi are very fresh and appetizing. The box meals here are also excellent though I would go with rolls if you want a bit more to eat. I don't think you could go wrong no matter what you select. The service and atmosphere are very nice. The dining room and restrooms are very clean, nicely set up and more upscale than many sushi restaurants. The parking here is terrible so be warned about that issue but the food is really great.

Reviewed March 28, 2016

Fresh taste, beautifully presented, the rice is perfectly cooked and just the right texture. Everything blended together perfectly. After a couple of their specialty rolls which were excellent, we decided to get a plate of their vegetarian tempura it was light ,crispy and delicious. They even have a terrific homemade tasting desserts. We had the chocolate truffle cheesecake.
The service is great -very professional. we wound up sitting at the sushi bar and our sushi's chef, Caitlin was friendly& efficient. It's always enjoyable to dine in a place where the employees take pride in their work.

Reviewed March 10, 2016 via mobile

I ordered sashimi which was of good quality but it was expensive, especially the uni. The chef was great and made up an excellent roll, I think it was calledThe Executive.

Reviewed March 8, 2016 via mobile

Was one of the only sushi places open on a Sunday, but happy I gave it a try. Nice variety offered and enjoyed my dinner. Staff was also very friendly.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed March 7, 2016

I didn't love this place, but I didn't dislike it either. The sushi was good. The service was fine. It was a bit expensive. We left $70 poorer, and not quite full. My favorite roll was the Lobster. Chances are, I won't go back, not because I was disappointed, but rather it just wasn't my favorite. If I could give it three and half stars, that is where I would rate it.