“Great Indian Food and Service”
Review of Bombay House

Bombay House
Ranked #3 of 1,421 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Eating at Bombay House is about much more than just food. It is a complete cultural submersion for all five of your senses. The rich aroma of exotic spices; the rhythms and songs of an ancient culture; warm, intimate lighting; vibrant murals portraying scenes from Indian life and legend; oven-toasted flat bread warming your fingers as you tear a piece to eat; the exquisite flavor of sumptuous food cooked to perfection and served with the same care and courtesy extended to family and guests of the highest honor. Bombay House is about providing you with a truly exceptional experience.
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I had a friend in from out of town and we decided to go to Bombay House. The menu is quite extensive and everything we ordered was delicious. From appetizers to vegetarian dishes to traditional tandoori chicken entrees nothing failed to impress. Service was prompt and knowledgeable. The Gulab Jamin for dessert was a particularly nice treat. Plenty of ample parking. The soft lighting in the booths can make for a very relaxing atmosphere to dine in.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

We visited on a Tuesday night and were seated immediately. I ordered malai kofta, and it was a pretty solid dish. My boyfriend got pineapple shrimp, which I was skeptical about at first, but the combination of sweet pineapple and spices ended up being very good. Service was perhaps overattentive - we didn't order naan, and were asked at least three times during our dinner if we wanted any, which got a little weird. Pricing was good - 2 entrees plus an expensive beer and chai tea came to $38. Will be back.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

By far the best Indian food in Utah! Equally important, the staff is incredibly pleasant! They take the time to talk to my daughter and encourage dishes they think she will enjoy. I haven't found a better Indian restaurant in the state. Thank you!

Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Food is just barely okay, not great, not even good. Between my husband and I, we ordered Lamb Briyani, Bhindi Aloo and Fish Curry - alot of food for two but we were excited and thought we'd take home the leftovers for lunch the next day. All the dishes were way below expectation if not downright disappointing. Even the white rice served was not of a good grade basmati rice and was overcooked. Service is harried, have to ask for spoons and water. Won't be back even if offered half the price. Way way overhyped!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Food is great. i have been going here since a long time. The quality of food and service is very very consistent. I wife is a vegetarian and she finds good choice of veg food. Her favorite here is malai kofta and mine is chicken tikka masala. I am not a big starter guy although I like their samosa. I love their gulab jamun (indian sweets) and their mango lassi which could be sometimes too heavy with a full meal. I always look forward to our dinners at Bombay House. Way to go!!