“First time we had Indian food”
Review of Bombay House

Bombay House
Ranked #3 of 1,413 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Eating at Bombay House is about much more than just food. It is a complete cultural submersion for all five of your senses. The rich aroma of exotic spices; the rhythms and songs of an ancient culture; warm, intimate lighting; vibrant murals portraying scenes from Indian life and legend; oven-toasted flat bread warming your fingers as you tear a piece to eat; the exquisite flavor of sumptuous food cooked to perfection and served with the same care and courtesy extended to family and guests of the highest honor. Bombay House is about providing you with a truly exceptional experience.
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My husband had to do so work in their kitchen and the chief gave him a sample of the food to take home. We never had Indian food before. But it surprised us. It was very, very good. Our family will go to the Bombay House in the near future. The snow is coming, good place to go to get yourself warmed up after a day of winter sports.

There are newer reviews for Bombay House

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We first had Indian food on vacation before there were Indian restaurants in SLC. Bombay House was the first and we have followed them to their current location. We've tried other places in town but they BH is still consistently the best. We dine in occasionally but it's our regular place for take-out.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I love going to Bombay House (I have only been to the one on Parley's Way). I have been there many times and also had their food for carryout (great for picnics). It is my favorite restaurant. I am a vegetarian and there are tons of options (and also lots of meat). I have yet to have anything that isn't delicious. My most favorites are the vegetable balls, the sauce is amazing, and the naan. My whole family went there for dinner tonight and the service was fabulous and they even brought out some ice cream with a candle. Two members of my family swear they "don't like" Indian food (because they had never tried it), but they both LOVED Bombay House too. You can opt to make it not spicy at all or very spicy (I like the medium+). The prices are very reasonable for the amount of food, I typically come home with leftovers.

1  Thank SKW-SLC
Reviewed October 24, 2012

It was just great food and service. Taste was awesome and we didnt have to wait too long even though the restaurant was pretty full that evening. Bombay House just serves Dinner, i think they should start serving lunch too!!!!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

This place quickly became a standard in my rotation of favorite local restaurants. The food is always impeccable and the service is top notch (I think they are some of the friendliest from any restaurant I've been to). I highly suggest the Tezpur Shrimp as it is full of flavor and has tender perfectly cooked shrimp. The naan is soft on the inside and nice and crispy on the outside. Don't forget to get desert! Try the Kheer, it's delicious rice pudding with an Indian flare. My wife likes to get the Paneer Masala (she's a vegetarian), get it as spicy as they can make it and get the Kheer with the meal to cut the spiciness. I have never had anything bad from this place!