“Better Than Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lugano Restaurant - CLOSED

Lugano Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Park City, Utah
“Better Than Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

We have been to Lugäno on many occasions, and in fact I have previously given it a favorable review (August 2012). Our dinner tonight was nothing short of fabulous. Our table of four shared the smoked salmon and beef carpaccio appetizers, and as always they were both spectacular. My wife had the fish special which she raved about, I had the ravioli special, which was presented in one of the richest, most flavorful tomato-based sauces I have ever had (and I make a pretty good one myself). My mother had one of the pizzas, which she loved, and my brother-in-law, who is a professional chef, had the lamb shank, which he described as "tender, moist, and flavorful". A hidden star of the evening was a side of spinach sautéed in garlic that my brother-in-law requested, and it was indeed incredible. Our server, Tayla, was professional, efficient, and extremely personable. The place has been around forever but continues to impress.

• Visited January 2014

St. George, Utah
“Out with family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

While visiting family in Park City, we went to Salt Lake and to Lugano Restaurant for dinner. The food was delicious and the service was the best we've had at a restaurant in a while. Our waiter was very personable and attentive. We will go back to Lugano's again when we're in the area.

• Visited January 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah
“surprised and disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

We hadn't been to lugano's for a while and unfortunately we were somewhat disappointed in our dinner. Salads were excellent however main dishes arrived cold. Main part of restaurant was not that busy but clearly had some christmas parties going on. Not sure if that was part of the problem. Not sure if problem with entrees was due to kitchen or waitress but the time frame between salad and entrees was extremely long and as the dishes were cold I assume they were sitting there a while. In any case it was not the the dinner we had hoped for and have experienced in the past.

• Visited December 2013
Braintree, England, United Kingdom
“Nice Italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Went here as an end to our American trip, nice food and good service. Reasonably priced, I had the ragu and my partner had the rigatoni. Both cooked well and tasted good. Shared a bruschetta to start, large and very tasty.

Visited June 2013
Park City, Utah
“Faded Glory”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

We have dined at Lugano many times over a number of years and always enjoyed it, But now, particularly on the last two visits, I've noted a decline in standards. The foods remains fairly good but seems to lack the care of the past and has become inconsistent. The furnature and carpet have become worn. The place could use a paint job. The level of cleanliness is not up to the past. Service staff appears less well trained and indifferent, providing slow service, even when the restaurant is not busy. Kitchen staff, who are seen now and then, are carelessly dressed and groomed. There are better choices; we will probably not return.

• Visited May 2013