“When in Sugarhouse...”

Flatbread Neapolitan Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Flatbread Neapolitan Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #196 of 1,516 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Flatbread is an upbeat Neapolitan pizzeria and wine bar specializing in serving authentic wood-fired Neapolitan pizza certified by the Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana (VPN) of Naples, Italy. We strictly adhere to the regulations set forth not only by the VPN, but by long-standing tradition. Offering craft brews from around the region, unique wines, a full bar with specialty cocktails and amazing weekly specials. Perfect for families as kid's make their own pizza right at their table, then watch it bake in our 900 degree wood burning oven. The menu is balanced out with a selection of market fresh salads, focaccia sandwiches and possibly the most amazing mac-n-cheese you'll find. Join us for a hip, urban and fun dining experience.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We went, we ate, we wrote this review: this is welcome addition to the scene in Sugarhouse... this place serves up flatbreads and certified Neapolitan pizzas. Oh, and you can get a drink because they have a bar! There is even a little patio on the sidewalk...
Besides Pizzas =>there are a few other items on the menu, like salads and sandwiches. There are some vegetarian options as well. But really this is a GLUTEN ZONE. Most of the salads and soups and other starters come with croutons or flatbreads.

The staff seems a bit disorganized; many tables were not getting bussed in an appropriate amount of time... and the tables and seats were not wiped down well... the hostess was hardly present at the entry station (?). Having been a restaurant hostess before, I think the manager/owners of this place would be appalled to know they are losing business with some people leaving because they were not greeted at the front. We waited 8 minutes for the hostess to come to seat us. We were seated at the bar area, where it took another 10 minutes for someone to ask for our drink orders. I asked if the seat could be wiped down because it had cheese encrusted on it...

That never happened.

I would have asked the hostess to get the cheese off my seat, because I was seated behind her station, but... she was hardly ever there.

Ups -- good food, nice drink list, atmosphere with a vibe, busy scene
Bads -- service... follow through is poor... the servers pay little attention to detail or people's needs. The place is relatively costly (for the area).

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had a great meal and service. This will definitely be on my top places to eat in SLC. I went here with friends and we were very attended too and had a delicious meal. Don't skip dessert! The chocolate cake is wonderful!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I have traveled to Europe 7 times. Five to Italy. The pizzas, flatbread etc. in southern Italy are wonderful. The new restaurant is Salt Lake City (Sugar House), named Flatbread Neapolitan Pizzeria is just as good or better than Naples. Granted, the city (atmosphere) isn't Naples but the food and service is spot on. We went there twice for lunch, just the two of us and then with family, seven of us for dinner.

At lunch we met the owner. He's so down to earth and very friendly. Lives in Boise, Idaho.

The sandwiches are excellent, mushroom appetizer and cheese fondue were better than expected. The flatbreads and pizza were amazing. Thin crust and crispy. They have imported a pizza oven from Italy. The ingredients are D.O.C. certified.

The desserts are also excellent. We enjoyed the molten chocolate cake but our adult children preferred the butterscotch dessert.

It's a family friendly restaurant. Don't expect white linen tablecloths etc. Go have a good, fun time with friends and family. Loud and noisy but not obnoxious. Fun patio too.

Another great restaurant in Salt Lake my wife and I have supported is Settebellos. It's very good but the food and atmosphere at Neapolitan are better. No, my wife and I are not connected in any way to either restaurant. Just an opinion from people who love to travel and enjoy food.

We hope this revue helps you.
Cheers to "good eats"

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

So my girlfriends and I tried this new place for fun and we were pleasantly surprised. I ordered the chicken artichoke pizza and thought it was delicious. The atmosphere was perfect and the music was jazzy! It was an all around great experience. You can't go wrong with great food and an all around adorable restaurant!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went to Sugar House with friends to check out Flatbread. From beginning to end, the wait staff was lazy, poorly trained and showed apathy for their customers. Example: My friend knocked over her drink and in doing so, made enough noise that most people in the joint looked our way...everyone around us noticed - except the staff. We had to actually chase down someone to come help clean up the mess and they showed up with a handful of napkins, threw them down and left us with dripping menus and soda running off the table. Another example: Dirty dishes were never cleared from our table and we had to ask someone to actually remove salad plates, empty beer glasses, etc. I would not go back to that joint and if you go, you've been warned! I predict they will be out of business within a year.