“Character abounds”

Alchemy Coffee
Cuisines: Cafe
“Character abounds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

We happened onto this place via the recommendation of a friend of a friend of a friend. Not being from SLC, we wanted to try something unique and local.

Starbucks it's not! Rather, this place is Indie to it's core--raw, yet as the painstaking attention to detail (in both preparation and presentation) attests, refined.

I had a traditional cappuccino, something I avoid at anywhere but truly artisanal coffee shops, and it certainly did not disappoint. My wife had a chai latte, which was the most complexly flavorful that I have ever tried. The pastries (I has a blueberry scone and my wife had a 7-layer bar) were also delicious.

If you want a delicious cup of coffee in a quirky, yet friendly atmosphere, this is the place for you.

• Visited May 2013

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great place for coffee!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

I've just started going here a few months ago and have been really happy with it. The coffee is great, and the staff are way cool. It's located in a small neighborhood that really doesn't seem very commercial and has a local feel to it as opposed to a big chain store.

The decor is interesting and you can tell the owner pays a lot of attention to what gets displayed and I could be wrong but is pretty in touch with the local art scene. It's a place where everyone seems to know each other and there is lots of happy people coming and going.

They also carry some cool products from Hawaii and it seems like they have some ties to the islands some how but I'm not sure. I took a bar of the handmade soap home as well as the lip gloss and my girlfriend is addicted to it now.

Only thing that has been strange is the WI-FI but I haven't been anywhere yet that is perfect with that either. At least its free and its only been a couple of small issues. Glad there is a coffee shop like this around here, it really stands out among the others! I would recommend this

• Visited December 2012