“Wow!!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

This place is incredible!!!!! Valter makes sure everything is just perfect. From the highest quality of food, the incredible service, and the presentation was outstanding!!! Thanks to Arturo, John, Nate, and especially Valter - you made our evening unforgettable!!!!

Date of visit: September 2016
Write a reviewReviews (1,124)

Reviewed September 2, 2016

We walked past this restaurant and I could tell immediately from the food and table setup out on the small front patio - this was a must visit.

While we did not have a reservation there were a few open tables on a Tuesday night in August. My adult son and I were dressed casually (golf-style shirts) as we were just back from a family reunion in Garden City, Utah. Many of the men were in dress shirts, ties, and jackets. We felt entirely welcomed.

I ordered a very nice red wine and I enjoyed a superb appetizer while my son had a salad. The entire was a special that evening - Pizza Carne - - a variation on the traditional veal parmesan, I suspect. It was a butterflied, pan-fried, center cut pork tender loin with fresh tomato sauce and Mozzarella. It looked like a pizza with a thin crust - it was large enough for us to split and was superb.

After dinner they surprised us with a little after dinner drink - of Italian hot chocolate (rich and thick) in a demitasse cup - it was as good as any I have had in Italy.

The staff was very professional and patient as we asked several questions. We chatted with the receptionist as we left and she was also helpful and delightful.

I gather is it a local favorite and if so - it reflects well on the locals.

Reviewed September 2, 2016

This was by far one of the best & most memorable meals I have ever had the pleasure of having. The atmosphere of the restaurant is electric! The chef's excitement is contagious & the food... oh. my. god. the food!!!! Every course kept coming out better & better than the last, which we didn't think was possible. We had a table of 10 & ordered the chef's tasting menu, it was delicious but pricey! For our table of 10 the bill was $1,800+, however worth it.

1  Thank AEreviews
Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

Good food and nice presentation priced like a 5-star NY restaurant. Went with high expectations and left disappointed.

Reviewed September 2, 2016

I am a frequent traveler and passionate foodie. I thought I had tried all the best restautunts in SLC since I 've been going there on business for many years but this terrific gem had somehow escaped me, until now. From the moment you walk in, you will have a dining experience like no other. Within minutes bruschetta was delivered to the table with an olive oil dip perfectly flavored with garlic, fresh anchovy paste and heavens knows what else. After our wine was delivered, the owner/ chef came to our table and thoughtfully asked us what we had a taste for, we never even saw a menu. He asked if we would like him to select our 1st, 2nd and main courses. He was so real and his passion about his food was so contagious that we eagerly said yes. The antipasti was by far the very best I had ever tasted. The ingredients,so fresh and delicious, that my dining partner and I were giddy with thoughts of what's next. To my joy, a pasta selection of four different house specialties, just a sample of each so to have room for the entrée. Every bite was perfect.
Then the main course, Chicken Parmesan, appeared in a shallow pool of fresh tomato sauce and two dollops of fresh mozzarella cheese, absolutely delicious.
The chef had been by several times to check in all the while being thoughtful and tickled at our pleasure.
I will never miss an opportunity to visit Valters while in SLC, and you shouldn't either.

Date of visit: September 2016