“The ultimate in Italian Dining”
Review of Valter's Osteria

Valter's Osteria
Ranked #7 of 1,424 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2016

Easily the best place for fine dining in Salt Lake City. I went here with my wife and the experience from the service to the food to the atmosphere was worth every penny. Best Italian food I have had not just in Salt Lake City. Multiple people waiting on the table to ensure we have everything we need.

This is now our go to place for special occasions, celebrations, etc.

Date of visit: September 2015
Write a reviewReviews (1,124)

Reviewed August 15, 2016

The table side service was the best I ever experienced. Our waiter was well versed in all the menu items and gave us great recommendations. We were six family members on a tour of National Parks and followed the recommendation on Trip Advisor. We were all very pleased with the quality and quantity of the food. I would highly recommend Valter's for a special occasion. Valter personally came to our table and made sure that our dinning experience was exceptional and it was.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

I have the opportunity to dine at several Michelin star restaurants. This isnt one...but while it lacks the design fussiness, it overflows with taste, creativity, exquisite care in preparation and service, and phenomenal dining experience. Valter himself - an Einstein look-alike - greets at the door like an old friend. From that moment on, to the crusty homemade bread and dream-worthy dipping sauce to the zabaglione made tableside, it was a memorable evening. One of my best overall dining experiences.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed August 14, 2016

Reserve a table in advance.
The service was wonderful. Valter even stopped by our table to say "hello."
We were both very happy with the food. We were given the most delicious bruschetta the moment we sat down. And after dinner, we were given a cup of molten chocolate with biscotti. The meal was very expensive, but with those little extras, I didn't feel like I was overpaying for anything.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed August 11, 2016 via mobile

This place was awesome. The service, atmosphere and food was just phenomenal. The owner was so personable and mingled with everyone. I would definitely go back.

Date of visit: August 2016