“Eating Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2016 via mobile

Great place. One of those unforgettable places that the service, food and atmosphere is excel. Try it and you won't regret it. Incredible experience. Let Valter take care of you. Just let them know what you like and Valter will give you an experience that you never forget.

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (1,124)

Reviewed July 21, 2016 via mobile

Great Italian food here! The appetizers were on point and the service was exceptional. Definitely be sure to save room for dessert!

Reviewed July 20, 2016

I've lived in Tuscany, Who would have thought I'd have one of the best Italian meals ever in Salt Lake City? From the bread, the fresh insalate mista, the pappardelle with divine cherry tomatoes, the pork scallopini with porcini mushrooms, and a trio sampler of gelati to finish. Great service. If I lived in Salt Lake, I'd go every week.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank Paul52Atlanta
Reviewed July 17, 2016 via mobile

Excellent Italian restaurant with exceptional customer service!! It's always nice when the owner comes over and greets you personally.
I had the penne arribbiatta which was simple with a great bite of spicy. The pasta appetizer is a must. The bread and dip is everything people talk about ( going just for that is worth it)
Price was reasonable and atmosphere very calm and welcoming.

1  Thank ohjameso
Reviewed July 12, 2016

Husband and I went to this restaurant after checking trip advisor's reviews and seeing they serve truffles (which I love). We ordered wines by glass from the list which were good. The bruschetta came which was ok, nothing extraordinary. I ordered the mushroom soup with truffle oil (First of all, no authentic Italian restaurant would add truffle oil, a chemical product to their dishes, this itself was a big NO). Husband ordered a pear cheese salad. The salad was okay but not worth 15$. But the main disaster was the main course. I ordered the fettuccine with Truffle fondue and shaved truffles. The dish was 44$, again the fondue had truffle oil and the shaved truffles they did not taste like truffle at all. And I can say that coz I have eaten truffles in Italy and France and have also had Fettuccine with shaved truffles at French laundry. If you are a truffle lover, please do not order any dish here with truffle as they are the fake Chinese truffles not the real one. I could not smell that earthy aroma and the truffle taste in those truffles. The dish was an extreme waste. All I could smell from the dish was that chemical truffle oil smell. Husband ordered lamb dish which he said was very tough meat. In the end, we ordered one pistachio gelato which was good. The waiter told us its imported from Italy. Well I had gelato in Italy and while it was okay I wouldn't say it compared to anything I had in Italy. To top it , one gelato scoop is 15$, so save yourself and just buy 3$ gelato box from a good grocery store like Whole foods. All in all, it was a complete waste with 200$ dinner which I did not enjoy.

6  Thank ashinib