“Amazing Italian food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2016 via mobile

I had one of the specials, veal with Parmesan and prosciutto, with sage. It was fantastic. The atmosphere and the service were great as well. Everyone enjoyed the complimentary appetizer and dessert. Well worth the price, definitely a place to try if you're in SLC.

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (1,124)

Reviewed July 8, 2016 via mobile

Can I say more!? Everything is from scratch, it's all fresh and local. The experience, I imagine for one who hasn't been to Europe, very likely the closest thing you'll find in SLC. The staff is a dream and it's like you're in a little piece of Italian heaven. Not to be missed!

Reviewed July 8, 2016

Valter's is always a spot my wife and I go to treat ourselfs. They obviously have amazing food and the service staff are awesome, we usually find ourselfs talking to our server for about 20 minutes about just about anything. I had the House made Spininch and Pumpkin Ravioli and it is so mouth watering. Usually when im even full, i still want ever more. Sometimes, the hostess makes us stay well past our reservation before we can sit down, but I guess thats just to make sure the staff is ready for the next table so we cant get mad about that. But if you like amazing Italian, this should be your next destination.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed July 6, 2016

Wonderful food and wonderfully attentive staff. Wine gorgeously matched. We had the misto or degustation and enjoyed every mouthful. Pasta was a highlight

Reviewed June 28, 2016

Let me begin with; this was one of the most expensive meals we have ever had ($145 per person for a party of 9) but worth every penny!
We were greeted personally at the door by charming Valter and maintained a constant watch over all of his guests.
You can get less expensive meals but we gave the chef our dietary preferences and give him free reign. The plates were brought out in courses, not huge portions but many courses. And each course was better than the last. The shaved truffles were the highlight of the meal.

Date of visit: June 2016