“A Fantastic Local Theater Experience”

Salt Lake Acting Company
Ranked #51 of 169 things to do in Salt Lake City
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have enjoyed local theater in LA and San Francisco before moving to Salt Lake City and getting season tickets to Salt Lake Acting Company (SLAC). I attended the entire 2013 season with my wife and we had a great time. This is high quality acting, good staging and interesting and varied productions--but on a budget. It is LOCAL theater that has to scrounge for money after all, like all local theater. The music and singing in the musical (Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson) was really excellent and fun, the acting in the dramas was excellent as well. They do one play a year for children, and the younger kids (12 or under) have fun with it. The rest of the plays are for adults, both thematically and for language.

5  Thank Philip P
"repertoire"
"slc"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This years production of Saturday's Voyeur is in their 35th year!! I've seen 16 of the 35 ~ each written & performed new each year which is an amazing feat in itself. This year was another hilarious production. Written off the pages of the Utah news media about the culture in Utah. This year included Romney , the Mormons & the Utah legislature > all facts creatively written, choreographed, directed & performed by the Best Actors & Actresses in Utah!
If you are visiting Utah this is a must see! You'll laugh yourself silly & go home talking about it for years to come! I can guarantee you that this will be the highlight of your trip to Salt Lake City! If you are a home grown Utahan & you haven't seen Saturday's Voyeur put some fun & humor in your life & see it this year.
A footnote: Eating & drinking are permitted. This is one of the only engagements at the Salt Lake Acting Company that Theatre goers can bring a picnic basket & a beverage (lemonade, soda etc,) Get there a little early & make sure to bring a few friends whit you ~ you'll all have a blast! This is one that I see at least twice every year. It does get any better than this!
Enjoy ~ you can thank me later :)

4  Thank buzltyr837
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We have been attending performances for years. Each play is always well done.

Last night, we went to Saturday's Voyuer. Outstanding! It makes fun of Utah's quirky culture ie the Mormons.

Next years line up looks pretty exciting and we are planning on making a few performances.

3  Thank SamPedro360
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Last night we saw "Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson" at the Salt Lake Acting Company. We had just seen this cutting edge Musical New York City. To begin with the Salt Lake Acting Company is a non-profit Theater Organization that brings the latest & best theater to Salt Lake City. This Musical was no exception ~ it came direct from Broadway! What was I expecting after seeing this production in the Big Apple? What ever it was ~ I wasn't disappointed!! What an evening it was. A Great Production with a Cast that matches those who where in the Broadway Production! The Show lasts 90 minutes with no intermission. You may want to read a little about Andrew Jackson ~ one of our more complicated & controversial Presidents. It may help but be prepared to LAUGH!
If you are in Salt Lake City this Musical is a must see! If you're reading this review & the Show has already closed give their box office a buzz & find out what's playing at the time of your visit. You'll have a very enjoyable evening. The Theater is in an old LDS Ward house from the 1800's ~ it probably seats 150 people ~ not a bad seat in the house! It can be intimate & most of all it can be fun!
I have my dated credit card receipt as proof of my visit.

4  Thank buzltyr837