“"NICE, NEW PROPERTY"”

GreenLeadersGold level
North Carolina
“"NICE, NEW PROPERTY"”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Staff was great! JR, assistant manager, was super...........even took our luggage to our room..........and brought it down for us the following morning. We had a very delicious evening meal at their restaurant....salmon. The only reason I am not giving this property five stars is because the company has installed the noisiest air conditioning system we have ever experienced in a hotel. Even the fan on low roared and rumbled. We did not complain as this is obviously a design flaw.....it is a new property, and not the fault of the management of this property. We would still recommend the property because of the excellent staff.

Room Tip: Many folks won't mind the noisy air handler........we are light sleepers.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Wes M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
I agree, JR is super. Thanks for your review, we will work to earn that fifth star.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed May 24, 2014

New hotel in very nice condition across common areas, rooms and ammenities. Staff is exceptionally accomodating and very professional -- has a large gym area with new cardio equipment and weight equipment to support a good work-out. Dinner was very good (note there are not many restaurant choices close by -- you will have to drive) and the quality, cost and service were very good.

Internet speed fast, beds comfortable and walk-in showers are large. If you need to stay close to this airport this HGI is a very good choice. It sits in an area with approx 5 other hotels and is an easy 5-min drive to the terminal.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for your review, we will work to earn that fifth star.
Cut and Shoot, Texas
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

We were here for 3 nights to attend a Driving School at Miller Sports Park in Tooele. We chose this hotel for its central location between Tooele and Park City where part of the school was held. Very clean and modern facility staffed by friendly professionals. Clean rooms, Neutrogena bath products, great hot breakfast...a wonderful stay. And an added bonus...had a photo with Patrick Duffy from "Dallas". Highly recommend.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your review, we will work to earn that fifth star. I am glad you enjoyed Patrick Duffy!
North Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Hotel was well maintained, seemed to be rather new. Interesting architecture and design. Staff were very friendly, and there were nice amenities throughout. Only stayed one night for an early flight the next morning, but certainly enjoyed it and would recommend as a place to stay in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Wes M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for your great comments!
Maui, HI
Reviewed May 14, 2014

As everyone says, this hotel is very new and very nice. I would have absolutely given it 5 stars if not for one huge issue. We reserved a room with a king bed TWO MONTHS prior to our arrival. When we checked in the front desk attendant was very friendly and professional, but failed to mention that she was handing me a key for a room with two queen beds instead of one king. After hauling our luggage to the room and then seeing that we didn't get the room type we had reserved, I called the front desk and was informed that "they were oversold on kings and there weren't any available."

On our way out to dinner I spoke with the manager. I didn't get very thorough answers to my questions about how they decide who doesn't get the room type they reserved when they are "oversold", or if they typically don't mention at check in if the room type the guest reserved isn't available. The manager did give us vouchers for free breakfast the next morning. I would have MUCH rather pay for breakfast and have the size of bed my wife and I sleep on at home, especially with 12 hours of travel facing us the next day, but the breakfast showed a measure of apology beyond simply saying "I'm sorry you didn't get the room you reserved."

I can say though that the breakfast was really quite good. My "everything omelet" was very tasty, and the roasted and then lightly fried potatoes served with it were fantastic. I read one reviewer who said they don't cook their own food here ... I can guarantee you that they DO INDEED cook the food to order because I ordered something that wasn't even on the menu. My wife had a variety of fresh fruit that was all very fresh and high quality.

I would absolutely stay here again ... but I would make sure I was getting the room I reserved before going upstairs.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Wes M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thanks for your review, we do our best to ensure that you get the room that you request, unfortunately there are rare times that we run out of Kings. I am glad that you enjoyed breakfast!
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This hotel is basically brand new. The work out room is fantastic. They have free weights, 3 tread mills and other equipment. The room was very nice and very clean. They offered the evening cookies which was a nice add after being out all day. This is a first class hotel. Save yourself a few dollars by staying here verses staying downtown. It is only 10 minutes from downtown.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Las Vegas, United States
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Great overall experience, enjoyed the breakfast, very fresh and tasty, all employees were courteous and nice. The room was very comfortable and clean and i really enjoyed that. I will come again just for leisure and fun.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks for your great review! We look forward to your next visit.