“Good food with a twist”

Pig & a Jelly Jar
Ranked #60 of 1,406 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Conveniently located in the revamped Liberty Park area of Salt Lake Ciy, Pig & A Jelly Jar restaurant serves a fresh, from scratch menu with a unique twist on Southern comfort food. The Pig serves up house made sausages, waffles, fried chicken and jams as well as a creative yet approachable menu. We love being in a walk-able location, and providing scratch made breakfast in a fun and inviting urban environment. We are excited to bring that same look and feel to Historic 25th Street in Ogden, Utah with our second location- Pig & A Jelly Jar II.
Provo, Utah
“Good food with a twist”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

They claim to be comfort food with a twist. They are. Their food is great tasting, and always has a little twist from what you would expect. Worth a visit.

• Visited June 2014

Cancun, Mexico
“Loved the menu!”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I always look for breakfast places that offer more than eggs and pancakes and this place fits the bill. They offer their full menu all day. I ate the BLT sandwich made with porkbelly and homeade pimiento cheese. My son at the buffalo chicken sliders which were also very good. The only negative was the service was on the slow side. We will go back for sure.

Visited May 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah
“They've Reopened!”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This was my first experience with Chicken & Waffles and I was pleasantly surprised. The chicken was very flavorful and and the waffles were light and fluffy. They have a fun drink menu that I would like to check out in the future, along with quite a delicious-looking, extensive menu. I can't wait to go back and try something else!

• Visited April 2014
Salt Lake City, UT
“OUTSTANDING BQ PULLED PORK ~ BEIGNET DONUTS”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

This small restaurant can satisfy a pallet with one of the Best BQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches in Salt Lake City. A little pricey, (10.00) for the amount of pork on the sandwich but...not a major complaint after getting into the sandwich & the very tasty fries! Whatever they added to the fries enhanced the flavor. I cleaned my plate!!
A surprise on the menu was the Beignet (French Donuts) not quite the same as you would order at the Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans ~ but a pleasant & tasty surprise. Don't forget to ask for extra, extra powdered sugar! Our waiter did admit that he had never tasted a New Orleans Beignet & didn't know that the powdered sugar was a star also! Served with a jam that was an added touch that I dipped the last Biignet bite in. > 5.00 for 3 small Beignets. Hint ~ Make the Bignets twice the size!! It's only dough...
A pleasant atmosphere for a small restaurant ~ nothing fancy just good food. Under 30.00 for 2
Open on Sundays.....
I do have my Visa receipt as verification of our visit to A Pig & a Jelly Jar.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank buzltyr837
Salt Lake City, Utah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place for Breakfast, Lunch, or Brunch!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Pig & A Jelly Jar is our favorite breakfast/lunch/brunch restaurant in Salt Lake! My boyfriend & I are regulars and we have tried nearly everything on their menu, and we have yet to find something that we don't like! Also, the servers are always friendly, which is a plus. Also, you need to order toast and ask for their strawberry coconut jam! It is amazing!

• Visited January 2014