“Such a peaceful, inspiring place”
Review of Salt Lake Temple

Salt Lake Temple
Ranked #10 of 160 things to do in Salt Lake City
More attraction details
Owner description: The original granite temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Provo, Utah
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Such a peaceful, inspiring place”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We visit every Christmas and take curious relatives from out of state. I love sharing this historic and beautiful place with my friends and family of different faiths. It really shows what the focus of the religion is about. Around Christmas it is magical! We always leave with a peaceful, calm yet rejuvenated feeling. The lights are spectacular, the nativity reenactment humbling and thought provoking. By far the biggest draw, that everyone sees as the culmination of the visit, is the Christus statue. Surrounded by a background of the universe, it is striking at the least. This room gives you time for personal reflection, and a sweet love and appreciation for our Savior. The total experience is precious. A must see in Salt Lake City, whatever the season.

Visited December 2011

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Gorgeous”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

If you are a member of the LDS Church and have a temple recommend, I would highly recommend making time to be in this temple. The building is amazing. I hadn't been there for many years, and went there on this trip. I had forgotten how beautiful it was. The peaceful spirit present was just as beautiful as the building.

Visited October 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“This is my very subjective oppinion...”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Ok, I'm a tourist 5-6 times a year, 2 of them are in USA. I like to see & visit any religious site.This temple is gorgeous from outside, but not with that epic beauty like that white one near San Diego. To be honest, I was dissapointed because I wasn't able to see the inside of it, because I was religiously challenged (not a Mormon, pitty.

Visited August 2012
spanish fork
“favorite place on earth!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I loved everything about it. Not only is it breathtakingly beautiful and have an amazing history, but you get a wonderful feeling when you're there. Definitely worth your time

Visited September 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Interesting place....”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I found the property beautiful and enjoyed walking through the grounds. I also visited the North Visitor's center and enjoyed that as well. I was in SLC during the LDS General Conference so the many of the areas were very crowded.
I was never approached nor did I experience any assertive attempts at proselytization by the Temple member's. In fact, I found the people at the sites friendly and courteous.
To me, this being a religious headquarters (everything LDS), it was similar to being at the Vatican (everything Catholic).
I recommend visiting the Temple Square for the architecture and beautifully maintained grounds.

Visited October 2012