“Complimentary Breakfast two mornings during our stay at the Airport Inn” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunny's Bistro

Sunny's Bistro
Ranked #147 of 1,379 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Central Utah
“Complimentary Breakfast two mornings during our stay at the Airport Inn”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Airport Inn for two nights, Friday and Saturday, November 22 and 23, 2013. On Saturday morning and again on Sunday morning before we checked out, we enjoyed our complimentary sit-down breakfast at Sunny's Bistro.
For those who stay in the Airport Inn, the breakfast includes one of two choices: Either the egg-and-with-it breakfast or a bagel and yogurt. Both our mornings, my wife and I had the egg breakfast, which consisted of two eggs prepared as desired, bacon or sausage, toast, potato thingies, and coffee.
Pros:
1) Complimentary with a room at the inn
2) Quiet and clean atmosphere with only some almost distant, but unobtrusive, music playing in the background, which sounded a bit like a radio in the kitchen
3) Convenient location just next to the hotel lobby
4) Friendly, cheery, yet professional waitress who mostly remembered the way we liked our breakfast
Cons:
1) The potato thingies look like French fries, but were severely undercooked both mornings. That's why I can only call them potato thingies. Saturday morning, I detected a raw-potato crunch in the center wrapped inside an almost cooked outer layer that was almost mushy like the inside of a real French fry. My wife asked our server to have them cooked more on our second morning, but I didn't notice much difference, except I didn't seem to notice as much raw-potato crunch, if any, but they still didn't otherwise resemble French fries or hash browns in any way other than shape.
2) They should have stood closer to the toast with the butter brush, as the butter on it was hardly detectable.
Despite the two minor issues, for a complimentary sit-down breakfast, it was good enough to hold us over until lunch and worth the decent tip we left the waitress. I just wouldn't go too far out of my way to eat the breakfast they serve if it weren't complimentary with the room. If they had charged for it, even 4 or 5 dollars, I'm sure we would have opted for driving just a mile up the street to Denny's on Redwood Road and North Temple.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Mexico City, Mexico
“Chinese gem in shabby hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Homemade chinese/taiwanese noodles in SLC utah. What else do you need to know? Wife lived in asia a couple years said it was best noodles she'd had stateside. Can't wait to return with friends.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Simpy put............It's Chinese food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

So, our group was in Salt Lake City on a business trip and wanted Chinese food for dinner. Sunny's Bistro came recommended, it did not rock our world, but it made do.

PROS: It has all the staples of a common Chinese food restaurant: kung pao chicken, chow mein, fried rice, white rice, garlic chicken, etc.Service was good, food was served right away. The meal came with soup and white rice plus our entree's. The food did seem to cool down quickly, but it tasted fine.

For 3 people we ordered 3 different dishes with a side of dumplings, shared everything between us and paid just under $37.50 (before tip). Each dish can be ordered for one person, but the plates come with a lot of food, so splitting each of them worked out great for us three.

CONS: If you are looking for something spectacular, that will just blow your mind, this won't be it. It is just typical Asian food, not too greasy, that beats fast food any day.

Summary: Cost is reasonable, food was fine, so if you are in Salt Lake City area and in the mood for some Asian food try Sunny's.

• Visited September 2013
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Quick but not spectacular”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I ordered a bento box to go. It was ok in a pinch but wouldn't go out of my way to eat there. I hear the rice bowl is better.

Visited September 2013
“Eh! Wish we had gone somewhere else!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

The hostess and waitress were friendly but the food just wasn't very good. The sweet and sour chicken was flavorless. I didn't care for the soup that was served and wish I had been given a choice as to what type of soup came with my meal. My husband and son thought their dishes were just ok.

Visited July 2013