My wife and I stayed at the Airport Inn for two nights, Friday and Saturday, November 22 and 23, 2013. On Saturday morning and again on Sunday morning before we checked out, we enjoyed our complimentary sit-down breakfast at Sunny's Bistro.
For those who stay in the Airport Inn, the breakfast includes one of two choices: Either the egg-and-with-it breakfast or a bagel and yogurt. Both our mornings, my wife and I had the egg breakfast, which consisted of two eggs prepared as desired, bacon or sausage, toast, potato thingies, and coffee.
1) Complimentary with a room at the inn
2) Quiet and clean atmosphere with only some almost distant, but unobtrusive, music playing in the background, which sounded a bit like a radio in the kitchen
3) Convenient location just next to the hotel lobby
4) Friendly, cheery, yet professional waitress who mostly remembered the way we liked our breakfast
1) The potato thingies look like French fries, but were severely undercooked both mornings. That's why I can only call them potato thingies. Saturday morning, I detected a raw-potato crunch in the center wrapped inside an almost cooked outer layer that was almost mushy like the inside of a real French fry. My wife asked our server to have them cooked more on our second morning, but I didn't notice much difference, except I didn't seem to notice as much raw-potato crunch, if any, but they still didn't otherwise resemble French fries or hash browns in any way other than shape.
2) They should have stood closer to the toast with the butter brush, as the butter on it was hardly detectable.
Despite the two minor issues, for a complimentary sit-down breakfast, it was good enough to hold us over until lunch and worth the decent tip we left the waitress. I just wouldn't go too far out of my way to eat the breakfast they serve if it weren't complimentary with the room. If they had charged for it, even 4 or 5 dollars, I'm sure we would have opted for driving just a mile up the street to Denny's on Redwood Road and North Temple.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.