“My favorite place in SLC”
Review of Red Butte Garden

and up
Salt Lake City Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Garden offers something for everyone from children who want to explore to adults looking for landscape and planting ideas. You might enjoy taking a class, packing a picnic, attending a concert or hiking. Red Butte Garden is open year-round with plant interest and events during every season. Red Butte Garden, a part of the University of Utah, is a non-profit organization located in Salt Lake City, Utah. With 100 acres including display and natural gardens, walking paths and natural areas with hiking trails, Red Butte Garden is the largest botanical garden in the Intermountain West. New four-acre garden opens May 2017 highlighting: see, grow, save H2o.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access
Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“My favorite place in SLC”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I lived in SLC for a year and this was always my favorite place to go and relax. It is so calm and peaceful there. Just beautiful. Nice little trails too or places just to sit and relax

Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
MN
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Just lovely!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Was interesting to both ME and the kids we had with us. Kids could run free and I could enjoy the garden. Lovely garden, a must see if you like gardens.

Visited October 2013
Hudson Valley, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Nice, but I should have taken a taxi there ...”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I recently had a business trip to Salt Lake City and decided to visit these gardens. I took the Trax line to University of Utah, and then had to walk about one mile to the entrance to these gardens. Unfortunately, the walk was meandering and somewhat uphill (especially as one approaches the parking lot area), so unfortunately, I was pretty tired by the time I reached the entrance. (Perhaps the altitude had something to do with it, also).

I have been to many beautiful botanical gardens over the years, and would say that these are nice, but nothing too memorable. The best part is the view of the surrounding mountains. I spent about one hours walking the loop, and found that that was adequate. Since it was the end of October, things were probably not as colorful as they would be at other times of the year.

Anyway, it is a pleasant, pretty place, and the staff are nice, but I wouldn't go particularly out of my way to visit. Also, if you don't have a car, I recommend getting a taxi there. It is fairly remotely located.

Visited October 2013
Avoca, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great music in an outdoor setting”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My sister an I saw Merle Haggard here, a great show in an intimate setting when most stars perfom in sports stadia these day. Last year we saw Joan Baez. But not for you if you mind sitting on the grass.

Visited August 2013
Bozeman, Montana
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“You will not regret a visit if you love gardens”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We had some time to fill after an appointment, and I found the garden on-line. We were so pleased with it, and will be sure to come back. Lovely garden "rooms", pond with fish and food to buy and feed them, seats and benches in many places..... My husband climbed the "butte" while I sat and enjoyed the serenity and read. Can't wait to go back!

Visited April 2013