“An urban oasis”

Add it.
Rivers Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We visited Rivers Restaurant in the creekside location where it was once Oceans and several other restaurants over the years. Our home is nearby and we enjoy the atmosphere by the creek. Though it sits adjacent to busy 900 East and Van Winkle, it is below road level and road noise is not an issue. The creek sounds drown any road noise. The water birds make it interesting as well. The outdoor patio is very refreshing in the spring and summer. In fall it is colorful yet often still warm enough to sit outside. Inside you can sit next to tall continuous windows with a beautiful view of Mount Olympus. The decor is clean and modern, much the same as before. An urban oasis.

The food was delicious and the chef was very accommodating, preparing my scallop entree without a certain spice from his recipe which I don't care for, substituting plain garlic instead. Though the number of entrees is limited, as many gourmet restaurants do these days, there is variety and uniqueness in the choices. Also appetizers, soups and salads. The flavor is basically Meditteranean, but American choices are available. The bar is full service and there is a lounge area for meeting and greeting people. There's a few big screens, one in the bar and one in the dining room (which was off during our dining which we were glad for). It is located in Ivy Place and has ample parking, easy into and out of. The owner/manager was very friendly and even asked me to play the grand piano if I wanted to, after I tested out it's tuning. The waitress told me they have been open for 7 months, but this was our first time trying it out. We will definitely go back and we're happy this location is open again with excellent food and service.