“A fun twist on Asian food”
Review of Plum Alley - CLOSED

Plum Alley
Cuisines: Asian
Provo, Utah
“A fun twist on Asian food”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

With a name like Plum Alley, you wouldn't expect it to serve very good, and yet very different Asian food. Think of it as Asian food with a California twist. The food was very good food, as was the service, however the servings were a little small.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank salupm1

“Funky Asian Food”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We really enjoyed this place on a recent visit. Everything we ordered was amazingly good. Our kids enjoyed the shaking beef, steamed buns and ramen. My husband and I enjoyed all that as well as the zucchini flatbread. Different than any other place I have tried. The menu is inventive and the quality of the food is great too. I really recommend it!

Visited July 2012
New Jersey
“Funky Asian fusion joint”
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Cool and funky place. We dig Asian fusion and gave it a shot.

Some food was good, some ok. Service was quirky.

Worth a shot, but not a must visit.

1 Thank BigBlue120
St. George, Utah
“Delish!”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I love Asian fusion cuisine and Plum Alley did not disappoint. We started with the the pork shoulder steamed buns and loved the twist of having them folded over the filling instead of stuffed. We also had the Larb, another of my favorites, yum. For an entree, I ordered their Kimchi stew and loved it. The only less than outstanding dish was the broccoli and beans side, they were a bit under-seasoned but with the spice of a couple of the other dishes, maybe that was a blessing!
The help was friendly and attentive. The decor was fun and trendy with the communal tables. When I ordered a hot tea, I was underwhelmed by being handed a cup of hot water and a packaged tea bag, I expected a more fun presentation or at least a tea pot.
Plum Alley will be my go-to restaurant when seeing a show at the Broadway.

• Visited June 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Order whatever the special is”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Wow. We went to Plum Alley just because it was near the Broadway movie theater, but we couldn't have been more happy with a dinner choice. The food was incredibly fresh and flavorful, with none of that corn syrupy sauce that gets put on Chinese food other places. The mix of mint, basil, and cilantro on the pork was dynamite, and the flat noodles were cooked perfectly. There were strange and delicious pickled things that complemented the overall dishes. The coconut-lime sorbet at the end was another happy surprise - kept me smiling all night. Order anything they offer you. It's going to be good.

• Visited June 2012