“Well, this place has seen better days........obviously......”

Motel 6 Salt Lake City West Airport
Ranked #58 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was the final overnight stop my partner & I had on our cross-country road trip from Vermont back home to California last Summer, & it was well, ewwww....stained linens, dust and hair everywhere, run down feel to the location and building, and well. I've NEVER been fond of hotels right near interstates. The bathroom was clean I guess, and the pool was ok, but I would NEVER stay at this location again. We did receive a FULL refund (after arguing for it) from the front desk -- unpleasant! Housekeeping was nice though. Wi-Fi service was spotty to non-exsistant, and I never did get a refund for the $2.99 I shelled out for that though. We stayed at other Motel 6's on our trip, and this was by far the WORST!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on the first night of our trip to the USA. It was cheap and very close to the airport which was perfect after travelling all day. We had just picked up our car and were extremely tired so this motel was perfect, quick check in, easy to find and no problems. The carpet was a little grubby and the noise from the nearby roads was quite loud but in fairness I was aware of the proximity to the road before booking and for the price I was more than satisfied. The staff were friendly, helpful and curtious, I have no complaints with this motel, we got what we paid for and left happy.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

After a long flight from London with a connection in New York. We were tired and needed somewhere close to the airport . We were driving straight to Yellowstone the next day and not staying in Salt Lake City so this was perfect for us as it was easy to find and right on the interstate. Very basic but that's what you would expect. Felt very safe, no problems checking in especially as it was after midnight when we arrived. Our room faced the road and it was quite noisey so with adjusting to a new time zone and road noise it wasn't the best nights sleep but it was fine for a stop over. Best of all Denny's is down the street before the exit to the interstate - a great place for a great breakfast before driving!!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Me and my father stayed the night before flying home and the staff was nice room was in a good location but it was dirty and I am a traveler on a budget so I dont expect much but I do want clean and this was not The bathroom was terrible

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The hotel is very confortable, and the location is very quiet. Next to the airport and about 10 mins from Downtown Salt Lake, and just two blocks away from a "food court" (Intersection of North Temple and Redwood)
The front desk staff is just excellent, very kind and efficient, specially Mr. Kyle and "a bald guy" wich unfortunatelly I dont remenber the name...=/
Excellent experience...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Felipe_Galvao12
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at this motel because I was traveling with my parents, they wanted a budget motel and mentioned this hotel. I know that it is cheap for a reason so I knew not to expect a lot and decided to give it a try. Next time I will be sure to spend the extra money. We got in fairly late and when we I got to my room it looked ok, but the bathroom was dirty. There was something (hopefully mud) on the floor that i had to put paper towels over and push out of the way. I know I could have called for a different room but I figured that all the rooms would be about the same and I take it as a lesson learned. The rest of the room wasn't awful, but obviously it was bare minimum. I was also surprised that there was no alarm clock in the room. Again, I know when I book a cheap room like this that I shouldn't expect much, but I do expect my rooms to be clean.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2012

For $40 I expect a clean hotel with the basic amenities such as a clean bathroom & towels, clean sheets & a relatively safe area. I got all of these things here. Was it run down, yes of course, but if I wanted updated & new then I would stay at the Hilton.

I have an allergy to smoke, so I asked to see a few different rooms & choose the best smelling. I chose the first one, which smelled clean & like new carpet. The walls were also freshly painted. Big bathroom, rundown. Small thin towels. All things I expected. GREAT location to Salt Lake City & the airport. I'd reccomend it for people with realistic expectations of a budget hotel. I had no problem with safety or noise.

• Stayed: March 2012