Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City/University-Foothill Dr.
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Skyline Inn(Salt Lake City)
View Hotel
City Creek Inn & Suites(Salt Lake City)
View Hotel
Grand America Hotel(Salt Lake City)
  • Pool
Ramada Salt Lake City(Salt Lake City)
View Hotel
Little America Hotel(Salt Lake City)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsred robinfoothill driveverizon storerooftop deckthird floorcovered parkingpark citygreat place to staysalt lakedirectly across the streetcomplimentary breakfastexcellent hotelclean roomsshort drivenice breakfasti highly recommend this hoteleasy access
Reviewed October 15, 2012

One night business stay - this is a newer property and it shows. Terrific desk, comfy bed, very helpful and professional staff. He only slight quibble is with parking, an if you're wheelchair bound this might be a little tougher than some others, but this is a fine option for a business traveler or vacationer.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Danhedonia
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I stayed at the hotel while working a trade-show at the Salt Conv Center downtown. Its a great place to stay if you want to get out of downtown yet close enough that you don't have to wake up an hour early to get downtown. Starbucks across the street is great but restaurant choices are limited.

Very clean hotel however one odd thing is the maintenance men were hanging out outside my room during the day (the room was at the end of the hallway) and they also store extra furniture right outside my door! Not the nicest thing to see as I walk out the door. (maybe they ran out of storage?)

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back of the property. BUT beware I opened my curtains the first morning and there is a graveyard right across the street. If that freaks you out avoid the back facing rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I love the Hampton Inn brand-- they are consistent good. But I especially liked this hotel in particular.

Along with the clean duvets, the great beds, and the hearty breakfast fare they offer at all Hampton Inns, this hotel seemed to have a one step above customer service ethic that you could feel. They REALLY wanted you to be happy there and they went the extra mile to do that.

This hotel was part of a negotiated contract for my work, and sometimes in my experience, this means that they feel like they can treat you with less consideration because they know you didnt choose them and that your work is paying them no matter what. That was ANYTHING but the case here.

Part of our deal was a shuttle bus that took us to the training each morning. One morning, I overslept, and without a single complaint, they immediately drove me on my own to the training. Now that was service!

Another example of their above and beyond was that my flight was delayed and I could not fly out until after 7pm the evening of the day I was supposed to check out. I spoke to the front desk person, and because they were not overbooked, they were able to make me a deal where I could stay until 6pm for half the regular room rate. This was an extremely kind gesture, and I appreciated the consideration and how I didnt have to wait for 7 hours at the airport. This alone would make me come back again and again.

The 3rd floor roof view of the city was relaxing to sit and enjoy the cool evening.

The hotel being across the street from many restaurants and shops made it very convenient since I did not have a rental car.

All in all, this has been the best hotel I have stayed with all this year...perhaps ever.

KUDOS TO THIS HAMPTION INN!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the city..the back side of the hotel just faces a parking lot.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TALLGIRL7
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I've been staying here for over a week now and it's been a really good stay. Local shops and restaurants are right across from the hotel, it's very clean, with not only the sheets but also the duvet being washed for every guest. The best part is the wonderful staff who are all very friendly and ready to help whenever you need anything. Rooms are quiet (I've spent quite a lot of time working in the room) and there is a small pool and a gym room which is very handy. They don't have the best breakfasts, but it's not bad with a good selection of both cold and hot breakfast (the scrambled eggs could be done better). There is always tea and coffee on offer in the lobby and the rooms have a coffeemaker as well, with the supplies replenished everyday. I really cannot complain about anything, it's a great place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Great location. Very new. Nice deck with a view of the valley. Close to Sugar House and the University of Utah. Indoor pool is nice. Shopping and plenty of places to eat near by. Good business center and breakfast.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family