“A hidden corner for a superb lunch any day...”
Review of Poplar street pub

Poplar street pub
Ranked #274 of 1,412 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: American
Description: Right in the middle of downtown SLC. Can't belive no one has reviewed yet.
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Friends had recommended the PSP and since I do not imbibe alcoholic beverages I wondered why I should go here. The first visit, while dieting, was an excellent Cesar salad. Today I went for the garlic fries and the halibut fish and chips. I have walked out on halibut at a very notable seafood restaurant in SLC on 13th East, so I am a bit fussy. The fish and chips were excellent. The batter was light and perfectly done. I am looking for a reason to go back for more.

There are newer reviews for Poplar street pub

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Great food and lively atmosphere. Servers are great , large selection of beer and would highly recommend the halibut and chips!

Everyone has to have ID when you walk in so make sure you have your driving license or passport

1  Thank GButler
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The bartenders and door people are always rude and love to ignore you, but the great bar set up keeps me coming back somehow. I like the arrangement of the different rooms/patio so you have options for what to do: hang out at the bar, listen to music/karaoke, play foosball, sit outside, etc.

1  Thank utahman650
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I have been to Poplar Street with my husband several times. It is just north of the Red Rock Cafe, which appears much larger, but the building's facades are deceiving. Poplar Street has many back rooms, multiple bars, and a great patio area out back. It is much larger than it looks from the street. Upon entering Poplar Street, there is an area of tables for dining and/or drinking. Just past that, there is a bar with bar seating and a door out to the usually hopping patio, just past that, there is a large area with another bar and dimmer lighting for the nightlife crowd. We usually like to arrive early so we can have dinner before a night of entertainment. My husband is a big fan of the Scotch Eggs and I am a sucker for the garlic-laden French Fries. No wonder no one wants to sit next to us for the rest of the night. :) We have actually tried a good variety from the smallish bar menu, and been impressed with everything we have tried. The food prices are fair for the large servings as well. We, of course, like to have cocktails with our meal. We generally watch whatever sporting event is on the large t.v.s until later in the evening when there is usually a live entertainer. By that time, we are generally enjoying ourselves so much that we don't want to leave. We have had a few six hour marathons at Poplar Street, and are usually surprised at the reasonable prices when we do finally leave. There is something for everyone at Poplar Street. Last time we were there, I noted the crowd ranged in age from 21 to 70ish, and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.

1  Thank WenSLC
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Great food. Even the pizza was really good. That is saying a whole lot for Utah. Moving from NJ to Utah (the mediocre food capital of the world), was a huge culture shock, and after eating lots of overpriced garbage we finally found a super reasonable place to get great food and DRINKS!!!

We got the Scotch egg, pizza, wings(not THE greatest, but hey...) and tacos. All very good.

Fun game room too.

The temptation to go elsewhere will be there, being in the middle of downtown SLC, but do yourself a favor and get your food at Poplar St.

You will want to thank me.

1  Thank HowsItTastin