“VIP”
Review of Fear Factory

Fear Factory
Ranked #12 of 27 Tours in Salt Lake City
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I thought this was a great experience! I know you are saying that you have to wait in line, well then get VIP passes. It is only $10 more. It may seem too expensive, but you also get to download your pictures online for free, and you get either a shot glass or water bottle. The line is much shorter, and it makes the experience better. If you thought this was boring, go to Asylum.

3  Thank RandomPerson333

Reviewed October 12, 2012

This place is all hype. The workers are novices and act more bored then up on trying to scare people. Not worth the money or time spent waiting to get in.

1  Thank S S
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect, but from seeing this place from the freeway I couldn't wait to go!! It is completely different from any other haunted house here in the valley! Other places feel like someone took a warehouse, put up some walls and made it look scary. This place is actually haunted and you can feel the evil! You can't re-create the things this place has! At the very beginning, they have you go down into the underground tunnels! And when you go up in the tower, there are holes in the metal floor! I absolutely LOVED the cat walk part, being able to look down on a huge part of the haunt and see what's in store for you was a thrill! They had a HUGE slide that is pitch dark! I screamed so much my throat was raw at the end!

They had a zip line up, but I didn't do it. It looked like a lot of fun! Definitly check this place out!

3  Thank SL-UT
Reviewed April 6, 2012

This non-puppy-kicking grandma's best friend is happy to let his freak flag fly high at Utah's best haunted house...Got to go back into the Fear Factory tonight, and let me tell ya, it was even better than last year. Being the haunted house freak I am, I'm super picky, and walked away from this place with a 14-year-old nephew gabbling nonstop about how much fun he had.

I had so much fun tonight (btw guys, good timing---FULL MOON TONIGHT!) that I am seriously considering ways to ditch my plans for tomorrow night and take my wife through. They sure gussied up the place a lot since last year, and are using the site location even better.

They should have zombie, vampire, and werewolves nights here. I want to have my birthday here! Please say yes...

Oh, and good touch at the end. Nephew nearly wet his pants. He was still shaking 10 minutes later.

3  Thank DeafDudeDone
Reviewed November 8, 2011

My wife and I went though the haunt last weekend and had a really fun time. It was my first time going through and I made sure to get there early to avoid the really long lines. But hey.. go to Disneyland... lines are huge for only a couple of minutes of fun on each ride. I went in with an open mind knowing this was their first year and, as I have been told, they have a volunteer cast instead of paid actors. The number of actors was noticeably lacking but those that were there were decent. Nothing special (though, there were some that were clearly more experienced and had superb talent). We also made sure to take our time walking through the haunt. Some people walk quickly and sometimes even run and miss out on all the artwork and ambiance of the environment. One thing I will say is that the FF truly has a unique feel. Probably has more potential than most haunts in Utah. What other haunt truly subjects you to a fear of heights? The Tower was my favorite thing about it. There wasn't much to look at while climbing the stairs but the stairs were rumbling and the sound effects while climbing the stairs were really creepy. Almost as if the tower was struggling to come alive. Being afraid of heights myself, it was challenging for me to not only cross the wooden planks that they have over a clear floor that allows you to see all the way to the ground 60 feet below, but also the caged catwalk as well. However, Please keep your security guards from trying to be actors. One of the female security guards at the top of the tower was really getting into being there but it kind of made me roll my eyes since she was wearing a black shirt with a big white "SECURITY" word scrawled on her chest. Drew us out of the moment. But then we crossed the planks and my boyhood fear of heights kicked in. Glad it wasn't a long walk. Then we entered the main area in a large room. Being in a larger space and being that high up caused me to get dizzy. I was clinging onto the cage the entire way across. Oh.. and thank you for putting Freddy in there with us. The last thing I needed while suffering from my fear of heights was someone coming at us from the opposite end of the walkway. Thankfully, I got by alive. After that horrible moment (a good horrible, though), it turned into more of a typical haunted house. Vampire rooms, hallways, a child's doll room (always creepy... though I wish the actual dolls on the shelves moved or something), and a giant maze (though it was surprisingly easy to find my way through it). Definitely noticed a lack of actors in the latter areas of the haunt. We then went outside to be greeted by some creepy clowns (though it was freezing outside and starting to rain). My wife hates clowns so she buried her face in my chest as we strolled to the stairs to get on a slide. PLEASE.. put a tent or something out there... getting rained on while making our way to the stairs wasn't fun. But then came the slides. Definitely a unique feature I haven't seen anywhere else. We both opted to go for the faster slide. Was a fun little ride. Wound up in a large room looking like a swamp area in the woods. Was REALLY impressed with the amount of detail put into this area. Even had a pond and a wooden bridge in there. There was really only one actor in there though. Felt more like a museum instead of a haunted house. There needs to be more "life" in the areas instead of so many mechanical devices that we didn't find very scary. But again, the detail and work that was put into that area was really impressive. Just wish we could have been scared more. Then we made our way into the final area. This honestly left me wanting more. There wasn't much in there. Mostly just a bunch of moving props. I think instead of larger open areas in these "silos" as they are called, individual rooms need to be built instead because you can see across the entire area and see in advance what you're about to run into so the "scare" factor was completely lost. But the way it looked was really impressive. But I don't go to haunted houses to look at cool things. I want to be scared and the ending left a lot to be desired, in my opinion. Then were was a chainsaw guy right at the end (sorry, but that's pretty cliche) as we exited the haunt. Overall, I really enjoyed myself but didn't get scared as much as I wanted. Definitely need more actors. I think I saw more security guards than actors, actually.

1  Thank TwigirlSLC